Sign in to follow this  

the "other" pilot jet - any problems?

I use the "other" pilot jet, the one that has a smaller business end than the stock series. Has anyone ever noticed a difference or problem using these ? I bought it buy mistake, and wonder if I should switch? I still chasing jetting issues at low throttle settings with 3X3, DJ kit, 25 pilot, 140 main, fuel screw 2.5, sea level setup . This is the one I'm using this one

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/item.aspx?style=18415&department=667&Division=6#

this appears to be the "correct one"

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/item.aspx?style=18417&department=667&division=6

from sticky -

"The BSR36 is best suited to the DynaJet kit and then the appropriate jets for your altitude. The BSR36 uses the small round Mikuni main, and the N224.103 series or the VM28/486 pilot jet."

I was wondering about that also, because my "lager pilot" was smaller in physical size than the lower number jet, or at least seemed to be. :thumbsup:

The jetting experts say the 2 pilot jets work the same. I have no argument with that and I have no direct experience switching between the 2. The N224.103 is the original style jet and I use that one. They are both available and more or less the same price so why try to second guess Mikuni? Mikuni still makes both jets and uses both in various applications. I read one time that the "marker line" jets were more accurately calibrated so maybe that is the difference.

Thanks for the help, I suspected little difference, but will get the other pilot jet on my next order and swap just to see. I'm trying to sort out an idle to 1/4 throttle problem, it has problems winding up to the redline, gets stuck at about 6500 rpm in say 2nd or third gear. It appears to be the pilot range to needle range transition that is not right. All is well at full throttle - hanging on for dear life, unbelievable power.