Sign in to follow this  

Parts Help for TT OEM Store

Ok, so the really great deal I got on a 2003 WR250 has turned out to more average than anything. Looks like I'm needing to replace the cams, crank assby, bearings, and chain. Have very weird wear on the cam teeth, crank gear, and the run out on the crank is out of spec.

My question is, I'm looking at $1000+ in parts from the shop, and I know I can cut that down quite a bit from the TT store. BUT, there is no listing for parts for the 2003 WR250. Does anyone know for certain, if the crank parts, bearings, piston rod/clip, from the 2002 would be the same for the 2003? I don't want to buy a bunch of stuff that is incorrect.

If anyone knows, please get back to me. If there is a good way to ask this to the TT store it'self, please let me know that too.

Thanks much!

Jon

Give them a shout, they are always glad to help me!! 1.866.6.SHOP.TT Hope this helps,

Josh

Go to http://www.yamaha-motor.com/ and look up the 02 parts diagram vs the 03.It will show you which individual part has changed.Remember to, just because a part# is different does not always mean it wont work. Example: If the crank assembly has a different part# from yr to yr,the reason could be because, it has a stronger rod.Hopefully the part #s are the same from 02-03 and you do not have to investigate.

I called them (TT store) and said the '01 yz25f "CAMS" wasn't underlined so I couldn't pick it. They said to give them a couple of minutes and they would have that fixed. Went back 30 min later and it was then underlined, so I could get the parts that I needed without having to go to another year to check part numbers. Hope this helps!