Sign in to follow this  

TB 115 Cam

There has been some discussion on wether the TB cam is any better than stock. I measured the lift and it is the same as stock. I'm not going to bother checking timing since I can't see them changing that and not adding any lift. To be fair, I don't believe they claim their cam is any better.

I had two. I was so impressed with how the first one worked, I didn't bother putting the second on in.

Just in case anybody missed that. It was sarcasm. The cam is no better then stock. :thumbsup:

I second KLXD!!!

I take it back, they claim its a "race cam", that does imply higher performance than stock.

I bought the kit because it wasn't much more than an oversize piston and bore job. I don't expect much based on your experience with it.

After thinking this over I'm going to call them on this. I think I'll threaten to dispute the charge with the credit card company if they don't refund some money or send a better cam.

It comes with it's own rockers so it must have some lift. I have one, but I never ran it. Anybody want it for $100 plus shipping?

Has anyone checked the duration on the TB cam? Same as stock? A bit more?

Gaskets??? Just remove the valve cover take off the four nuts, pop the cam tower off and stick in the cam and bolt it back together. You can do it with the motor in. Although, I can't remember if you need to remove the studs. Unless you have my luck, the base gasket will be fine. I have gaskets too, if you need one. $3 for the base gaskets and $10 for a head gasket.

one more question before I commit to this,,,what can I expect in performance with stock re-jetted carb, an aftermarket pipe, opened airbox, from this cam? Will it be more on bottom or top, loose all bottom to gain top, need to go to bigger carb to get a gain, what do all ya'll think???

$100 is a good deal. I just spent $349 plus shipping for mine and it hasn't shown up yet.

is this the same cam that they sell with the big bore kit that comes with cyl and 120 kit? If so I would think it would work since the head ports are the same and only the duration would be changed. If its a different special grind then I wonder too how it would work.

It's the same cam. But no clue on how it would work. I don't even know anyone who's done it.

Yes, you can do it in place fine. No need to disturb studs.

Back off the small side cylinder bolt a bit first before removing the 4 stud nuts. Leave that one on the side very lightly torqued so the head and cylinder don't move around (and are thus less likely to damage the gasket -- though it's good to have spares just in case)

Now my question. What is a TB115 cam? What company is TB?