Sign in to follow this  

Tyre sizes TTR 250

Hi again, short question:

I bought a pirelli mt-21 120/80-18 rear tyre for 05' ttr 250, any experiences with wider rear tyres on the ttr's? here, they say it is too heavy, and other says it'd overkill the engine, please, any help would be appreciated :thumbsup:

I am running a 110/100 Maxxis and it is fine; much better traction than the stock 100/100 too. a 120/80 is actually lower profile than even stock, at 96mm. You may notice the bike will not want to lean into corners as easily, or you may not notice it at all. You should get better traction in loose stuff with the wider and flatter profile.

Paul

Thanks, today i replaced the tire and the size is almost the same to the original oem (4.6 -18) , the wide is ok, but the height it is almost touching the shock mud guard, about 1/4 " , but there's room.

The pireeli mt-21 is very stiff on tis sidewalls, i fought about a couple of hours to chage the tire, i remember when i saw the maxxis dualmaxx 7000 110/100-18( seems much more wide than 120/80-18 pirelli mt-21), and its sidewalls was the hell of stiff, i can't imagine changing that tire :thumbsup: ,

i remember it had 5 plies of thread and 4 sidewall if i'm correct.