Sign in to follow this  

01wr250f aftermarket flywheels ????

Can't find a thing, anywhere....

what's the hot ticket for solving the piss poor flywheel design on the 01 wr250f?

I can't find a aftermarket flywheel, I don't know if any other yamaha ones will fit it and I'm not to excited about just replacing it with a stock new one and having the same thing happen in a couple years.

I know I'm not alone on this, so what's my options guys............

so for what it's worth, to the next guy down the line here's what I did, only time will tell........... Thumpertalk parts can get you a replacement flywheel for under $100, my local dealer wants $160 for the 01 flywheel, no wonder skagit powersports got such a nice facility and like 6 major dealerships, anyway, the part numbers for the 01 and 02 are different so yamaha made a change to the 02 flywheel, the Thumper parts guy says the 02 will fit the 01 so that's the one I went with, the 02 was like 10 bucks more then the 01 but still under $100..........

The '02 WR250F flywheels still have the problem. I blew mine up (rivits) a few months ago. At least next time I will know what the problem is.....

figures, oh well, like you said, at least we know what it is........ it scared the hell out of me it sounded REAL costy, considering what a killer bike this is I guess I can live with replacing the flywheel every few years..................................

I know what you mean about sounding costly!!! :ride::applause: I wouldn't worry about it. They don't all seem to go bad, just some of them. Hopefully we'll get lucky with our new ones! :thumbsup:

my flywheel went on my 02, in a middle of a storm in spain-not perfect timing......