Sign in to follow this  

2007 250F & 450F

I know this has been discussed 5 million times, but none that are remotely close to my circumstances(others are 120 lb. 12 yr olds who want a 450F and came from a ttr-125). anyways, im 6'3'' 200lbs. rode 05' yz125 before numerous times as well as 85's. 250F or 450F??? am i gonna wish i had a 450F after 3 months or will i love the 250F?

i came from a xr 80, and love/loved my 250f. its all about what you are doing with the bike.

what bikes have you owned before?

a 85 or 125's can't hold a candle to either the 250f or 450f. i rode a 125 the other day and it felt like i was on my lawmower.

heres what it boils down too, IMO

track only- 250f

some track, but more open, hill climbs, more speed- 450f

please give us some more info, and we'll be able to help you a little more :thumbsup:

Hmm it depends on what you will do with it and your riding abilities. But I would say go for the 450f.

edit: Yeah just was Way Fast said...

Track= 250f

Open, playful, hilly, track and trail riding= 450f :thumbsup:

I am 200lbs,own both 450 and 250. The 450 is a RMZ,hammering on a some what technical track,and less spacious,obstacles to negotiate very close to coming out of a corner.I prefer my 250f,You would think the power of a 450 would work better,but tight corners and coming out to clear, let's say a step on and then a double off of that,the 250 is a champ of keeping momentum..The heaviness of the 450, even though the power can get you over obstacles,the 450 being less agile hurts.Sand tracks that are open,good old school hammering MX tracks,or sweeper style trails,the 450 is sooo much fun and usable. I am keeping my 450,and will continue to use it on MX tracks.The 250 works on these kind of tracks also,but with the 250 and me being 40yrs YOUNG,ahhhhhhhh my endurance and fatigue level hold longer. Its a tough one to pick,but if push came to shove,and I want to hammer longer without fatigue setting in,plus feeling in more control once the laps start adding up,it is the 250. Remember I am not a expert,a good B-RIDER ,but no expert,plus I am 40 and favor MX tracks,this is something to consider. I am not at all bored with the 250,the 450's power is so strong and thick,but the 250 has plenty of power not to get bored on a MX track.

I would say if you are riding tracks only, especially tight ones, then go for the 250F, if you plan on doind some trail riding and stuff in the hills often then i would say 450. It has a lot to do with how long you have been riding for though, if you have been riding for 2 years or so, then 250F i would recommend, if you have been riding for a long time and your no young kid trying to race the pro class(aka your just about the fun) then i would lean to the 450.

get a 250f ive been riding mine for a while now and me and my dad both love it it climbs any hill or can take on any trail......450's are novelties.