Sign in to follow this  

Dawn dishsoap?

Has anybody used it to clean their air filters? I have been using it and it works great and its cheap. Anybody see any problems using it?

The Twin Air website recommends Kerosene first, followed by a bucket of soapy water. That's how I've been doing it too. I usually have to wash in the soapy water three times before every bit of silt is out of the filter.

I use the Twin Air bio oil and clean the filters with Simple Green. Works great!

Saves a whale every time! ; )

i found that washing detergent works awsome too

Im also using laundry soap. Works GREAT!! :thumbsup:

anyone ever use there dishwasher?

nah... we dont all live in boontuckey.... :thumbsup: (in reference to the other Kentucky guy who started his bike and went to the limiter and blew it up so dont flame me!)

I use the (clothes) washing machine for the final step (after a kerosene dip and 2 hand washes with Dawn in the laundry room sink).

Why not just use gas? Everyone I know uses gas and it cleanes it like nothing else.

Gas does clean it well, but it also dries the glue up and the filter will disassemble itself...But it'll be clean!

Gas will also increase the cell size and reduce the filtering ability - ie larger particles will get through to the engine.

I use the (clothes) washing machine for the final step (after a kerosene dip and 2 hand washes with Dawn in the laundry room sink).

I do that also then I send it to the dry cleaner. light starch

Oxiclean, works prety good also. Never tried Dawn,(the dish soap) but I might give her a try now.

You must be single to even toss that out there.

I use No Toil and oxy clean, one small scoop of oxy clean and my filter looks like brand new. You can get it dirt cheap at the dollar store too

I once tried a mixture of Oxydol laundry detergent and gasoline, but ended up with a bucketful of napalm... :applause:

It was actually kinda cool until the Fed's showed up at my front door! :ride:

My neighbor once had a Yamazuki Frankenbike...he used a shop towel for an air filter...referred to it as his custom "Towel Induction" system... :thumbsup:

I once tried a mixture of Oxydol laundry detergent and gasoline, but ended up with a bucketful of napalm... :applause:

It was actually kinda cool until the Fed's showed up at my front door! :applause:

My neighbor once had a Yamazuki Frankenbike...he used a shop towel for an air filter...referred to it as his custom "Towel Induction" system... :ride:[/quote is that what you call "hillbilly ingenuity" :thumbsup: