Sign in to follow this  

friends of jawbone maps?

gonna go to jawbone when it cools down, but wanted a map, so i ordered one...are they any good? any help is greatly appreciated

I think They are excellent maps for the Jawbone/Dovesprings area. They also cover all the way over to Randsburg. Jawbone Station will also have maps. I recommend dropping by there and getting some of there CTUC maps too.

gonna go to jawbone when it cools down, but wanted a map, so i ordered one...are they any good? any help is greatly appreciated

The Maps are excellent they cover a wide range of area. Being the trails are numbered it makes them easy to read :thumbsup:

No the friends of jawbone maps are the same.. hes talking about another map you can also buy at the ranger station I believe.

That map sucks! Do not trust the gps data or any of the trails in the Paiutes.It is OK for a rough idea of the general area your in but it is not accurate!

I know for a fact that the jawbone store maps are accurate ( at least 98% ). You wont get lost using that map, and at most intersections there is a marker that you can coincide the map with. I ride at dove springs at least 20 times a year. :thumbsup:

I know for a fact that the jawbone store maps are accurate ( at least 98% ). You wont get lost using that map, and at most intersections there is a marker that you can coincide the map with. I ride at dove springs at least 20 times a year. :thumbsup:

Well....I know for a fact that they are not accurate. I'm with Rockchucker, don't even think about trusting it for the Piutes. It's a very long story, but I've told it here before. Do a search for something like....lost beyond all hope of being lost...or something like that.

They may be OK down in the flatlands, but up high....watch out! That map is a disaster.

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=278034&highlight=lost+piute

Well....I know for a fact that they are not accurate. I'm with Rockchucker, don't even think about trusting it for the Piutes. It's a very long story, but I've told it here before. Do a search for something like....lost beyond all hope of being lost...or something like that.

They may be OK down in the flatlands, but up high....watch out! That map is a disaster.

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=278034&highlight=lost+piute

I do not know about way up in the mountains, I,ve never been been bark busting or packing fuel. but from randsburg to kelso valley and up into mcivers cabin, this map is accurate. At least the western half. :thumbsup:

The "Friends of Jawbone" maps can be bought at the Jawbone store or at the Jawbone ranger station & are the same map. The ranger station also has some free single sheet paper maps covering the different areas. Between the two maps and the trail markings on the maps & trails both are good.

that map is great for giving you a general idea of where you are or more well traveled trails, but if you rely on it too much it would get you all screwed up in the piutes. its a good reference but dont trust youre life to it.