Sign in to follow this  

Info on Wilseyville Riding Area (NC)

Some friends told me about a riding area east of Stockton in Calavaras County called Wilseyville. You take Hwy 26 and then through Wilseyville onto Blue Mountain Road, past Schadd's Resort and to the end of the asphalt.

Took my son & daughter there last week. When we arrived, the properties all along the dirt road (Blue Mountain Road) were posted as private property by a logging company. Lots of old quad and dirt bike trails, but didn't look like any had been recently used.

Is anyone familiar with this riding area? Were we in the right spot, and are there places for dirt bikes to ride still?

I think that property has always been private. They hold events up there I think all of it is private.

Started riding there 40 years ago, it was private property back then, always shut down/fenced/ect at different places. I don't know the area anymore but went riding last winter with someone that did, there is great riding areas but none of it is legal to ride on without owner permission. Ride the race in Oct, it is great...

If you go past the old track you will come to BLM land. It's not real big , but the trails are OK. Go earley there are a lot of people using this area. Now if you go up A little higher they've opened up a lot more areas for offroad riding in the national forest.

Rustyguns

Can you provide more detail? If we're on Blue Mountain Road and stay on it past the end of the asphalt...how far to the areas you're describing? Any landmarks to look for near the BLM land...or the other area you're describing?

Sounds like mid-week would be the best time...?