Sign in to follow this  

clutch play?

How much clutch lever play do you guys have? I rode my other two bikes back to back and then jumped on the DRZ and noticed theres a ton of lever play. Well maybe not a ton but alot more than the sportbikes? When I pull the lever in to engage the clutch I have noticed when I release the lever it doesnt go back to the stop. I can actually push the lever forward alittle bit back to the stop or in otherwords so it can be pushed forward with the fronts of my fingers. How tight is the lever on your guys bike?

Should be tighter than that....

Have you ever adjusted it before? How many miles?

I have the same backwards problem...... i have to pull in the clutch until it touchs the grip and then it engages but mine goes back to the stop.....idunno

Never adjusted it before. I now have 363 miles on the 06. I just dont want to adjust it to tight so it doesnt fully engage the clutch. How tight can I adjust it. When I barely pull it in I can see down beloew the cable moving the rod in the clutch area. Just dont want to make it too tight.

For me, it is personal preference. I like the clutch to start engaging with the lever about 1/4 inch away from the handgrip (fully in). It gives me better control for uphill starts and allows faster shifts. You'll know if it's not fully dis-engaged, the bike will want to creep forward in 1st gear with the lever against the grip.

Put it where you want it, it's your bike. As long as there is some loose play at the end (full out) it will 100% engage

My preference would be one or two finger shifts, currently i cant as the size of my fingers will not allow it to engage.

I have the same backwards problem...... i have to pull in the clutch until it touchs the grip and then it engages but mine goes back to the stop.....idunno

needs adjusting for sure.you need it so 2 fingers can operate the clutch,which means the lever only comes back as far as the 2 fingers still on the grip.so yours is obviously way out.

need to sort mine after my last river and rock ride.probably just the locking nut on the lever perch come loose.