Sign in to follow this  

down i went....

well, chick on a cell phone pulled out and i high sided the SM. first time i've been down on the street. bars are bent, tiny scuff on the radiator shrowd and a lil scratch on the front fender. forks are crooked in the trees, and the bar mounts are bent to hell along with the oem noodle bars. twisted the mirror back around, did a quick walk around to check for fluids, and case damage and fired it up and went along my way. been a long time since i saw the ground come up that quick at me... son of a bit ch it's quick. lady drove off, still on the cell phone in her SUV almost ran me over trying to get on her way. elbow is banged up, jacket is tore a lil. im glad i was wearing gear, should have had my MX boots on but just had skate shoes... they slid pinned under the bike for almost 10 feet and held up okay considering. my ankle is scrapped up b/c of just having sneakers on. i was more disapointed in myself than mad at her over the situation, my mind wasn't in it from some problems at work. so it's 99.9% my stupidity that caused it. so moral of the story, get your fawking head in the game or don't get on the bike!! gonna call the TT store shortly since they're in NV! hells yes for time zones!

I would have drug the chick out and beat her to death. I HATE STUPID PEOPLE

That sucks, Spam16v.

Sounds like your alright though, that's something to be happy about. :thumbsup:

Girls and work can sure take your head out of the game, that's for sure.

The chic didn't even stop and see if you were OK?

That makes me mad, some people can't chew gum and walk at the same time, let alone drive and talk on a cell phone.

Wow another drz went down today. Glad your okay! To bad you didn't get a plate or anything.

I high sided last weekend powering out of a tight turn which I quickly discovered had some pea gravel on it :-( The bike shot into a ditch before it spit me off, so the only real damage was a bent and cracked radiator shroud. Fixed it with JB weld.

The SM's bar mounts looked bent, but everything was fine after I loosened the rubber mounting bolts, and bar clamps, and retightened.

I had on all my gear and came out ok, but am monitoring neck/spine since I landed on my head.

Glad you and the bike are ok. (you wanted to get aftermarket bars anyway right?)

(you wanted to get aftermarket bars anyway right?)

i was gettin' to it, this just motivated the decision.

sorry to hear to hear about you accident. sounds like your in okay shape. next time you chase down that car and beat them. are you going to have any before and after, then all better pics?

I've almost gotten ran over lots of times and none of the drivers even knew I existed. Its almost crossed my mind to punch it next time instead of the brakes... at least they will have to hang around after the accident rather than say its my fault...

I would have drug the chick out and beat her to death. I HATE STUPID PEOPLE

i would have thrown my helmet through the back window that would have woke her up. glad your all right man

thanks for the well wishes everyone, i'm sure feeling it the morning after... son of a bit*h my right ass cheek is sore.

man that's gotta suck!

glad to hear you're ok, except for some bruises and scrapes.

So sm bars are rubber mounted? (rmcnelly) That's cool. -or are they aftermarket?

Saw a few studies comparing cell phone use to alcohol use. Turns out that an engaged cell phone user is significantly less aware of their surroundings and less able to react to stimuli from their surroundings than someone with a blood alcohol level of over 0.8% (our national/provincial legal limit-which btw is staggering, puking, blurry-eyed drunk)

Yes, the SM mounts go thru the top clamp and are rubber mounted. There are several replacement mounts to take larger bars without using a riser adapter.

thanks for the well wishes everyone, i'm sure feeling it the morning after... son of a bit*h my right ass cheek is sore.

At least you've still got a right ass cheek :thumbsup: nothing is worse then having to regrow skin and nerve endings.

rmcnelly: Is that a Shiba Inu in your avatar?

Cheers,

Grant

man that's gotta suck!

someone with a blood alcohol level of over 0.8% (our national/provincial legal limit-which btw is staggering, puking, blurry-eyed drunk)

Thats not blurry-eyed drunk, thats dead.

John in Vegas

rmcnelly: Is that a Shiba Inu in your avatar?

Cheers,

Grant

Good guess, but Gingko is a Korean Jindo (which looks like a bigger Shiba). My wife has two Shiba's, and found Gingko on the Shiba Inu rescue list.

He's the best dog I've ever had.

I think you mean 0.08% as thats what it is here in BC.

rmcnelly: My folks have two Shibas, very energetic little dogs. Would be awesome for flyball if they had any concept of chasing balls;)

lady drove off, still on the cell phone in her SUV almost ran me over trying to get on her way.

why that $#%$%$ drove off? did they find this hit and run %$##@!? :thumbsup:

I've almost gotten ran over lots of times and none of the drivers even knew I existed. Its almost crossed my mind to punch it next time instead of the brakes... at least they will have to hang around after the accident rather than say its my fault...

That is probably not a good idea.

Myself I would brake and scrub off as much speed as I could.

I have bit it twice on the street in 33 years and it sucks, but good gear saved me.

Shawn

That is probably not a good idea.

Myself I would brake and scrub off as much speed as I could.

I have bit it twice on the street in 33 years and it sucks, but good gear saved me.

Shawn

i was already committed to the turn and jabbing the brakes would have guaranteed me going down, i just turned harder as there was a huge apron to the left of here where i had plenty of room to either fall, slow down or if she did hesitate.... to pass her. i went to look at the road closely today, it was either the white line, a man hole cover or a combination of the cold tires and lack of experience and wet pavement that caused me to slide out and then high side.

good news, local shop had a set of Tag clamps and a wide selection of Pro-Taper bars to choose from. no CR-HI availble but i got something similar... forget exactly. they had some grips and a throttle tube but i got the old grip off the bent bar with some window cleaner and it's stuck on the new bar pretty good. i need to order some OURY grips (my personal fave) and then i can glue them on the new tube and bar sometime this week. i almost ordered from TT but when i called the shop and told them i crashed and wrecked they said they'd hook me up out of pitty and did a fair job at it so i can't complain too much. TT will get my big expenditures..... FCR, Yosh ect. i needed bars to ride to work monday.