Sign in to follow this  

The Art of Changing Gear!

Before you ask, i dont mean during normal riding!

I'm just starting to learn 2nd gear Wheelies! They raise fine and i can get it up to about 11 o'clock.

Then the gear runs out and the bike comes back down.

I've tried changing gear, but the bike just drops as soon as i throttle off!

Any advise?

:ride::applause::thumbsup:

I get it up in first, then second, the secret to third is don't ring it out in second to long. As you modulate the throttle and the front is moving up and down, try to catch third on the up motion. Then give it full throttle to get it back up to the 11 O-clock and modulate from there. Leaning back a little more after putting it third helps get it back up too. This works for me and may not be good advise for you, after all I do suck at wheelies. Plus I am skerd of looping it because I never think to cover the rear brake while doing a wheelie.

That sounds like my style! Not covering the back brake! Woops!

and i cant afford the loop it, as its my only form of transport!

But i love wheelies! haha!

I'm just starting to learn 2nd gear Wheelies! They raise fine and i can get it up to about 11 o'clock.

If you are in fact at 11 o'clock you are not going to run out of gear as 11 is behind the balance point. Post a pic.

Before you ask, i dont mean during normal riding!

I've tried changing gear, but the bike just drops as soon as i throttle off!

Any advise?

:ride::applause::thumbsup:

Just practice. It comes in time. Eventually you will be shifting through them like nothing on one wheel.

I think some of you missed his point, what he needs is MORE HP!!! With just a few mods and gearing you should be able to lift the bike in 3rd gear with no clutch at all!! Let alone shifting while in a wheelie :ride::thumbsup:

I guess I forgot to mention the clutchless part. I never use the clutch to upshift even in normal riding.

im aware of not clutching while i shift, its just the throttle off the brings it down.

Ahh well i'll just practice lots :ride:

:thumbsup: