Sign in to follow this  

OK, I committed on my first set of tires...

...to replace the deathwings. Just ordered them online from americanmototire.com (about the best prices I could find).

Keep in mind, I'm a new rider and don't plan on a lot of crazy off road stuff. Was looking for a good 50/50 use tire. My priorities were safe road handling, long wear life, and some decent off road traction for dirt roads and light trail use.

I chose:

rear: Kenda k270 4.50

front: Continental TKC 80 90/90

What do you think?

I've got TKC's front and rear. While the TKC80 front is much better than the trailwings on loose dirt and gravel, it's still not the greatest. I think it's a very good compromise though. I've got about 1K miles so far, and they're wearing great. If you've spent any time in the dirt with the trailwings, you'll love your new setup.

I think next I'll try something like the MT21 on the front and a Terraflex on the rear.

I don't have any experience with the kenda but I am very happy with my TKC 80 on the front of my S, it is great on the street, I think it turns in to a corner quicker than the death wing, it made the steering feel lighter. tread wear is very good also. it is OK in the dirt, it is certainly not a full knobby but it is a good compromise

No experience with the Kenda so let me know how you like it. Got my Dunlop D606s from americanmototires.com and had them on my doorstep in three days. You nailed it, best price on the web and that included the shipping. Make sure you put in some bead locks when you change out the tires. :thumbsup:

I've got the Kenda 270 on the front and a Pirelli 21 on the rear. I'm happy with the Kenda, its a better street tire then the Pirelli and seems to wear alot better.

I've taken that combo on the dirt and get pretty good traction there too.

I have ridden a 650 with the kenda and was impressed with it on grass and mild dirt-perfect 50/50 (gravel road, exploring around the camp, fishing). Not a mud or deep loam tire by any stretch, it will pack full in a second and slide but any tire in that category does that. I dont know anything about the conti.

I'm running drifts on the street. Ran pilots for a few days recently and they are as bad as the stock tires. Back with the slicks now and im having fun again