Sign in to follow this  

problem

ok so i got new boots a few weeks ago. and i have a ttr-125L. So today my friend tries on my boots and sits on my bike and is like " how the hell do you shift with these?" that come to my problem. My boots barely fit under the shifter. i have a question to all the ttr-125 owners with feet bigger than size 9..how do u shift? is it just a matter of getting used to it? its not a big problem for me like i dont want to buy a new shifter or anything. just want to know how u guys do it.

Have you tried moving the shifter up one spline?

Just unbolt it, move it one spline clockwise, and tighten it back up.

My boy wears duck-feet / gunboat size 13s, and that worked for him...........

That still stinks. You need a +1 shift lever. I know it sounds like it won't work, but buy a shift lever off of a yz250f any year. They are like $20, and bolt up perfectly. I did that to my ttr, and it worked great. They are 1 inch longer, and stick out just a little bit more than the stock. Trust me, I have been there, and done that.

Alex, part of it is getting used to the boot and part of it is adjusting your shift lever to work with your particular boot. For example my new ARC MX 220v boots were stiff as heck and it took me about 5 rides to get used to them :thumbsup:

k thanks i really appreciate it. do i just use a wrench loosen it up and move it forward? easy as that? or is there more to it.

That still stinks. You need a +1 shift lever. I know it sounds like it won't work, but buy a shift lever off of a yz250f any year. They are like $20, and bolt up perfectly. I did that to my ttr, and it worked great. They are 1 inch longer, and stick out just a little bit more than the stock. Trust me, I have been there, and done that.

???? I say a BBR shifter is 1" longer, then you say you need a +1 shfter and get a yzf250 shfter that is 1 inch longer.

Unless I missed something (I might have) isn't that pretty much the same thing?????

Alex, part of it is getting used to the boot and part of it is adjusting your shift lever to work with your particular boot. For example my new ARC MX 220v boots were stiff as heck and it took me about 5 rides to get used to them :thumbsup:

Jsan said it. :ride: I had to wear my boots around for a few days to get them loosened up a bit. Like others said, unbolt the shifter, and move it up one or two notches.(clock-wise) I wear size 13 Fox (Pro Trackers, I think). I have to move the shifter up on everything I ride. I still mis-shift quite a bit because of the size of my boots.

Good luck, and report back if you need further help or just to tell us you finished the job. :applause:

im still confused about moving it clock wise? i spin it ?

100_0584.jpg

so i move the shifter where its supposed to be to where u have your yz250 shifter? i dont see how you can move the shifter up to notches :ride::thumbsup:

ok i understand now. i will unbolt the part where ur 250f shifter is but my connector piece and i will take my shifter and pull it up and then i will tighten it again?

ok, i dont own one of those bikes, but on a bike without the "silly linkage" you just move it clockwise one spline (the bottom or front rod), but if your bike is the same as the one that the guy did the yzf shifter mod on then it looks like the linkage is ajustable. from what i can see, it looks like you just have to turn the bolt that is parralell to the bottom frame rail (or the ground)

also, after a while your boots will break in and you will have some more pivot in the ankle.

Oh crap, Alex, I forgot about the STOCK shifter. That one you actualy need to adjust by the linkage. You should really try investing in a shifter that bolts straight to the shaft, it will improve your shifting BIG time.