Sign in to follow this  

crf 250 suspension? 07

ok i dont know how many of you have an 07 yet.. but mine is on its way and i didnt know what to expect with the suspension. i race.. mainly motocross/ some hare scrambles ( intermediate terrain some soft sand ) and didnt if i'll be needing to make a call to kps / factory connection ( there my 2 options ) .. im an OK c class rider. 140 lbs 5'7. i've heard good things on the new bikes suspension, didnt know how much better getting revalve setup would make it? i had a 02 yz125 and had kps setup/ revalve it. i immediately noticed the suspension felt more plush and less resistant to bottoming. just wanted some thoughts before/if i spend the money on gettin the new bike done? is it worth it? they come off the showroom floor better and better each year... thanks

If you were riding MX I would deffinatly say spend the money on suspension. Otherwise ride the bike before you do it. I just got a 07 450 and put about 5 hrs on it before I decided to send mine off to FC. I should be getting it back on Monday.

Getting the suspension done for your weight and ability will make it handle soooo much better. You're right, stock suspensions have been improving every year, but having it set up specifically for you makes a huge difference.

thanks for the input. ndekens: how is dealing with FC? i've only dealt with KPS. and they've done good work and helped me setup the suspension to my needs.. never dealt with FC though.. but have heard good things about them and their work. also .. pricing about the same? it was around 300 for revalve and setup from KPS. front and back

i've had my 07 crf250 for about 3 weeks. i'm 5"11 150lbs, i met with factory connections tech thats always at my local track, he said i deff. need softer springs. i've got it dial in pretty good now, but i think the springs will make a difference.

Factory connection is top notch. best suspension period, you won't be unhappy.

FC has amazing customer service. I just got my susp revalved after riding it once on stock setup and it made all the difference.

Stick with Micky kessler.If you have problems he is closer and he is at all the races.