Vegas to Reno (happening now)

A bit of MOTO info (from text messages so don't rag me if I'm not exactly correct)....

The 2 Team Honda bikes are running 1-2. It sounds like the Childress/Hengeveld bike is slightly ahead of the Bell/Campbell bike, but it very close right now (meaning around Pit 14 @ approx. 3:15pm PST).

Running 3rd OA bike around Pit 13 (mile 445) was Ron "surfnride" Wilson/Steve Garnett @ about 35minutes behind the 2 lead bikes. But a bike problem dropped them out around mile 475.

Ironman rider Les Walker riding as fundraiser for "RiderDown.org" has been passed by the lead pack of buggies/trucks (that's gotta be scary the way those top guys are hammering) but he's gettin' it done. If you see picks from Contingency his KTM is plastered with black/white stickers of all those who donated to a great cause.

The buggy of Jeff Darland is leading a tight battle of trucks and buggies.

I was watching a lot of the trucks/cars leaving Vegas on trailers while I was working. I got mad at myself that I had forgotten to get the day off. Today I saw bunch of them comming back in town. It made me think of the old Mint 400 days. Ditch school on fri to go to fremont street for tech insp, then hang out in the desert all day watching the race.

John in Vegas

Anybody happen to see a xr650 number O89 out there?

It was my buddy's first race and I couldn't make it out to ride team or pit for him due to some work junk that still has me on the road.

He was racing am ironman and I see he was a DNF last place :applause: but I haven't been able to reach him. ?

I finally got a hold of him last night. He took a header at mile marker 80... had a mild concussion and pulled out. he remembers waking up next to his bike on the ground but not how he got there ? So he pulled the bike into the truck and helped one of the other am ironman guys with pit team because he had lost a support truck. Thanks for the idea though. I was beginning to think he was laid up in a hospital.

Glad to hear he is ok. Those IM guys are nuts out there and my hats off to ALL of them for thinking and contemplating doing the race, let alone starting the race. I had fun for my 3 sections, albeit 2 ribs broken, but could not even fathom doing the whole thing myself.

I saw Honda helping an IM dude on a KTM. That was cool. He broke his oil view plate and they cut up a can to that size window and JB welded that thing shut. Wonder how he did???

mx813