Sign in to follow this  

rear wheel

Does anyone know if a rear wheel off from any of the other honda dirtbikes will fit on a 05 450x? I want to buy a spare rear wheel to mount a paddle tire on.

The newer cr,crf 125-500 from 02 on should fit. An xr with a disc brake might work also. Only thing is that the x's have 18 and the cr's,crf's have 19 inch whell but the out diameter is going to be pretty damn close to the same. There will be no wheel rub with those

I thought the 125 and the 250R had a 1.75in wide rim and the 250x, 450R, and 450x had a 2.15in wide rim :thumbsup: Im thinking an XR 400 wheel would be close enough :applause:

My '06 450R has a stock 19x2.15.

Since I'm here, I've been considering a rear rim swap to an 18 inch, for the sole reasons of larger selection of available tires and the taller sidewall should offer a little more rim protection when impacting all the obstacles encountered in the woods.

Does anyone know if the rim and spokes would be all that needs to be changed, or would it require a different hub also?

I have a set of 06' wheels off my 2006 450X listed in the classifieds (21" and 18" rear) let me know if you are interested. They have been used once and I have lowered the price to $400.

I have a set of 06' wheels off my 2006 450X listed in the classifieds (21" and 18" rear) let me know if you are interested. They have been used once and I have lowered the price to $400.

From looking at all the photos of the '06 R and X, it looks to me like the swingarms are completely different (or am I just seeing things???) If they are different, would the hubs still work/interchange???

From looking at all the photos of the '06 R and X, it looks to me like the swingarms are completely different (or am I just seeing things???) If they are different, would the hubs still work/interchange???

OK...I'll admit it, after going back for another round of looks...I will have to say that it's quite probable that I'm a total idiot. This last time around, I can't tell any visual difference in the swingarms from the pic's.

Or the frame, for that matter...but I have been told that the frames are completely different....can anyone else confirm this?

I have used the 450r rear wheels on my 450x.they work fine.the crf250r,x rear wheel will also work its just narrower- 1.95 vs 2.15.as far as the hubs they do interchange.

Or the frame, for that matter...but I have been told that the frames are completely different Yes the frames are different...different flex points

The newer cr,crf 125-500 from 02 on should fit. An xr with a disc brake might work also. Only thing is that the x's have 18 and the cr's,crf's have 19 inch whell but the out diameter is going to be pretty damn close to the same. There will be no wheel rub with those

I haven't found an "XR" that fit, but haven't tried all, have a 19" rear wheel assy for sale, new MB5, 50T sprocket, with disc...PM if your interrested..