Sign in to follow this  

Lean or rich?

Ok so i rebuilt my bike with a few mods and now itll barely pull a wheelie in 1st. is it to lean or to rich?? should i buy a smaller# jet or bigger# jet?

The jetting isn't likely to be that far off that the bike will barely even run, if it was jetted correctly before.

Why don't you start by giving us at least a little bit of information? Like what kind of bike? What did you do to it? What have you checked so far to try and determine what the problem is?

The jetting isn't likely to be that far off that the bike will barely even run, if it was jetted correctly before.

Why don't you start by giving us at least a little bit of information? Like what kind of bike? What did you do to it? What have you checked so far to try and determine what the problem is?

its a 94 cr125 and i put a wiseco piston on it and v force reeds, it has an fmf pipe on it 2 but the guy i bought it from said it was jetted for the pipe but even then it would barely wheelie in first

its a 94 cr125 and i put a wiseco piston on it and v force reeds, it has an fmf pipe on it 2 but the guy i bought it from said it was jetted for the pipe but even then it would barely wheelie in first

Whats the plug look like? Dark or light?

It sounds too lean if you ask me. After doing these mods the engine is needing more fuel to make more power, so it is starting to run on the lean side.

Or the problem with pulling the wheel off the ground might be because you arte riding a Honda 125 :thumbsup: haha.

It sounds too lean if you ask me. After doing these mods the engine is needing more fuel to make more power, so it is starting to run on the lean side.

Or the problem with pulling the wheel off the ground might be because you arte riding a Honda 125 :thumbsup: haha.

:ride: yeah my buddy bought a really nice looking! cr125, i think its an 02 or sumtin, it was a bad idea from the start, he blew the top end, replaced it, and insted of breaking it in, he hauls as down his road in 5th gear as soon as he got it started, obvioulsy that one went, so far hes been thru 3 top ends, so he calls the guy he bought it from and the guy tells him hes gotta run race gas in it HAHAHA almost 500 buck and he hasnt even gone thru a full tank of gas this summer... and he bought the bike last year like 3 months before schoo llet out

You say YOU put a piston in it. Did you, or did a shop do the work? I'm just wondering if the bore and piston are sized right for each other, if the bore is out of round, if the carburator has worn parts and a few other things that can cause a bike to lack power. A 12 year old 125 may need a lot more refreshing than just a piston and reeds.

You didn't gain some weight did you? :thumbsup:

dude im 130lbs

Or the problem with pulling the wheel off the ground might be because you arte riding a Honda 125 :applause: haha.

Its really dark after about 5 hours and the bike has almost no smoke and isnt overheating at all :thumbsup::ride::applause::applause:

It's hard to give good advice with the information you've provided. Motopower Video sells a Carb DVD that shows you how to diagnose and tune your carburetor. You may want to give it a shot. You can find it at www.motopowervideo.com

Good luck.