Sign in to follow this  

Main Jet sizes

So how might they go... have 142.5 in now and looks like I need to go down one size. Have a 138 in the DJ kit but isn't there like a 140? And is one size up going to be a 145?

depends on the carb. i actually was just at DynoJet no less than 2 hours ago. and the discussion i had with my pal over there was:

the dynojet jets are NOT comparable to the mikuni jet size numbers. they ARE however SIMILAR to the keihin jet size numbers but not exactly the same. so i would bet its safe to say that if you have a keihin, then throw one in there thats close to where you wanna be and then start the testing with tape over the airbox hole to narrow it down. also DJ mainjets are in increments of 2 until you reach 150, and then in increments of 5.

hope it helps. good luck

If you have a Mikuni carb, use Mikuni jets. Yes, Mikuni jets go 130, 132.5, 135, 137.5, 140, 142.5 .........

Keihin jets go 130, 132, 135, 138, 140, 142........ Because Keihin rounds off the half size numbers.

If I remember right, DynoJet uses and adapter in their Mikuni kits to use Keihin style jets. The jets are of their own manufacture.

Just me but I use only real Mikuni jets in a Mikuni and real Keihin jets in a Keihin. I have nothing against DynoJet jets but factory logo jets are cheap and easy to come by and eliminates just 1 more variable in carb tuning and I have a pile of them.

Ok, I installed a DJ kit and need to get one up from 142.5. Can I use a 145 mikuni or DJ?

Thanks

Ok, I installed a DJ kit and need to get one up from 142.5. Can I use a 145 mikuni or DJ?

Thanks

Like Noble said use the Mikuni jets in your Mikuni carburetor.Look for the N102/221 "Small Round" style jets in the catalog listings.

I found my order from TT when I got my main jets... I would order a bunch, since they are cheap and you always need them when you can't get them... :thumbsup:

145 main is N102.221-145

150 main is N102.221-150

155 main is KN102221155

On the small side...

140 is PU_kn102221140 (alternate part number on TT)

142.5 is N102.221-142 (should be the stock size so you should already have it.

Remember the DJ kit is basically useless with the 3x3 mod. All you really want from it is the spring and needle.

Good luck.

Added later:

Mikuni Float Bowl Bolt Kit - Suzuki DRZ400S is part # INT_TT_DRZBLTKT

Kientech DRZ400S Extended Fuel Mixture Screw is part # INT_KIENTECH_DRZSFMS

Or skip all of this and....

http://shop.thumpertalk.com/product_p/int_keihin_drzfcrmx.htm

:ride:

ha. the TT store doesnt ALWAYS sell the keihin and/or mikuni jets. they do carry a lot of aftermarket 'brands' of jets that fit those carbs. they all work just fine though.

so not to worry.