Sign in to follow this  

Off Road Clutch

So my 06 YZ 250 has 20 hours on it, and for some reason the clutch won't engage until almost all the way out now. It happened after I took a nasty spill. I replaced the clutch lever and tried to adjustthe cable but it but it is still acting funny.

Do I need new clutch pieces? If so what pieces, and what brand is a great clutch for off road riding? I am new to the mechanical angle so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Damn Jesse, already burned up the clutch? Haha. Are you sure its not just the cable adjustment? All the clutches on my bikes have lasted forever, Ive never had to replace anything in them.

Damn Jesse, already burned up the clutch? Haha. Are you sure its not just the cable adjustment? All the clutches on my bikes have lasted forever, Ive never had to replace anything in them.

because you dont ride with fate...

:thumbsup:

i highly dout it but you may want to check you clutch basket,my buddy had the same problem, he fell, and aftert that the clutch went bye bye, we took it apart, adn the clutch basket had MAJOR rivets in it, just check to make sure

i did the same thing as well i fell and the adjustment got all messed up and the lever had no play in it so the clutch never engaged all the way. Took it apart and checked it out and the plates and discs were pretty burned so i got a barnett clutch kit and it works amazing.