Sign in to follow this  

2000 DR650SE and the EBAY rack

I did a buy it now on Ebay and got one of these racks today.I had emailed the seller (designer and fabricator too) and asked if it would mount okay without the grab bars, as my bike came with only the rack installed,and I do not have grab bars to put back on. Neither one of us considered the turn signals though. I assume they mount on the grab bars,and in my case they mounted to the rack. Sure enough,there was no place to mount them without the grab bars attached. So,I made up some brackets out of flat stock and painted them a nice gloss black and here is the result.The signals may be a little low,but I think they are plenty visible.

rack1.jpg

Another view

rack2.jpg

Close up of the signal mounts

rack3.jpg

Old Rack

old.jpg

Bottom line,this is a nice product that mounts quick, feels real secure and is huge compared to the rack I had on it. It also looks like my signals will be well protected in a tip over. If you are thinking about one of these racks,go for it,it is top quality! :thumbsup:

Hey,,, I got one of those 2....

Fit great but,,,,dang that thing is HUGE !!!!

What you want$$$ fer the 'ol rack ?

Give me a PM if you want to unload it.....

DD650....

money.gif

I fit mine on without the bars, because i did'nt want the weight of both. Mounted smaller sportbike turnsignals to the uprights of the rack. i sent the seller pics in case he wanted to use them, guess not. i used rubber spacers on the stock mounting points.

Ed Teller