Sign in to follow this  

Sikk Trail Bike

What engine is in the trail bike

From the listing on the website, it seems to be the same as all their motors.

I would like to compare it to my trials bike, not rock crawling but light trail running at high altitudes.

I would like to compare it to my trials bike, not rock crawling but light trail running at high altitudes.

I'm sure the sikk bike would not even come close to performing as well as your trials bike.Trials bikes are awsome to ride very cool bikes.

i would like to slap my 124se in it and give it a beat-down, but i don't have the cash to justify buying one right now.

I guess I should have been more specific. I would like to test it back to back in general trail conditions. And 124 SE motor is not really going to make that much of a difference in single track and technical situations IMO. Its the steering and suspension geometry that I would like to test/compare Here is a photo and video of what I consider general trail conditions. (my friend on my 74' TY250) :thumbsup:

steventy.jpg

Short video of a trials section and techniques (I am in the red gear, blue bike) :ride:

I would like to test it back to back in general trail conditions.

I agree with you. I am interested also, to know how it would perform for general trail riding. Which, I beileve, is what SikkMX had intended it for when they designed it.

A 124 SE motor is not really going to make that much of a difference in single track and technical situations IMO. Its the steering and suspension geometry that I would like to test/compare.

No, probably not going to make much of a difference there. I'm not so interested in testing it to see how it handles though, i'd rather test it to see if I can break it :thumbsup:

I'm not so interested in testing it to see how it handles though, i'd rather test it to see if I can break it :thumbsup:

I am pretty sure it, like all bikes, can be broken. LOL!!! No need to test for that.

I think there is a lot of interest in this bike, but, everyone is waiting for some one else to buy one and try it out. It looks like as decent, lightweight, bike for the trails, but nothing ground breaking. Defiantly looks like it would be fun to ride on the trails though.

First impression makes me think of the Fat Cat and TW200 and the CT90 before them, bikes that have experienced riders scratching their heads as to what the practical use would be. I see it as a starter bike that should be easy to ride (big wheels will roll over larger obstacles) or for 4 wheelin' types that need/want a vehicle to run around the campground in OHV areas or rock crawling comps that can be easily transported.

I am pretty sure it, like all bikes, can be broken. LOL!!! No need to test for that.

Yeah, this is true :thumbsup:

Wonder how much it can take though. Last thing we need is a minimoto-style review like the one from the perimeter import bikes that stained them pretty hard...

I actually rode one today from a brand new dealer it weighs like about 150 or so the rear tire is skinny and the suspension is not plush its really stiff It amazes me that they didnt use lower gearing on it,Its pretty tall but the footpegs are close to the seat I weigh about 260 and I didnt bottom the suspension playing on it I think that I would like to ride one properly geared and in an automatic clutch style though. the owners have been playing on this one and they made us a deal of lower than retail if we wanted it and right now I dont know add an automatic clutch and some gearing and it would be a blast in Moab on the Jeep tails but as it is the motor just doesnt seen peppy enough with the big tires and tall gearing. Lets put about 15 HP in one and try it