Sign in to follow this  

can someone tell me why-----

it is that my 03 crf will not rev up with the choke on like it did before i put an 06 ignition box and 04 wire harness--???----its not really a big concern---- :thumbsup: -----the bike feels more romperiffic than it did :ride:

well :thumbsup: -----this post aint goona answeritself nah yaheer

:ride: I heard dat! Unfortunately, I don't have an answer for you, but the new ignition & harness sounds like a reasonable cause to me. Sorry I couldn't help, but maybe now that you've had someone reply, the others will jump in.

Well, probably because its way too rich. While you were messing about in there swaping the harness etc. you probably cleaned the carb which opened the choke passage all the way and now because the choke is fully working and enriching enough or as much as it can, it is way too rich to rev...

Sound plausable? Because I just pulled that outa my arse :thumbsup:

Well, probably because its way too rich. While you were messing about in there swaping the harness etc. you probably cleaned the carb which opened the choke passage all the way and now because the choke is fully working and enriching enough or as much as it can, it is way too rich to rev...

Sound plausable? Because I just pulled that outa my arse :ride:

your on the right track. with the choke circuit closed it's just to rich and the air flow is restricted also :thumbsup:

Is there any reason you want to be reving it to the moon with the choke on anyway???

Is there any reason you want to be reving it to the moon with the choke on anyway???

so you can watch the rod come out of the case. geeze what are you thinking Raceman?

so you can watch the rod come out of the case. geeze what are you thinking Raceman?

damn, how could i forget that... :thumbsup::ride:

not to the moon man----just operating the choke as normal warming up----just noticed it did not rev up like it normally did :thumbsup: -----

Sorry I couldn't help, but maybe now that you've had someone reply, the others will jump in.

Wow! I was right about something!!! Everybody was just sitting around, waiting for someone to jump in and test the water...I ain't skeeerd!

not to the moon man----just operating the choke as normal warming up----just noticed it did not rev up like it normally did :ride: -----

ohh, i dont even need the choke on my bike. Starts 1st or 2nd kick. Summer or Winter :thumbsup:

80 degrees is 80 degrees...doesnt matter if its summer or winter...

yea... but its 70s in winter and 110+ in summer thats what i was saying... :thumbsup:

Can't figure out what you guys are talking about :thumbsup: The 450 doesn't have a choke...it has an enrichener. :ride: Tdub

Can't figure out what you guys are talking about :thumbsup: The 450 doesn't have a choke...it has an enrichener. :applause: Tdub

:ride:

Can't figure out what you guys are talking about :thumbsup: The 450 doesn't have a choke...it has an enrichener. :ride: Tdub

Wow! I feel enrichened...

Thanks, TDub!

I wish my wallet had an enrichener :applause:

I should have read the post all the way through....

Everyone jumped on the bandwagon.

Thoughout my manual, my enrichment control is labled as the "choke knob". And to think I have been calling it by the wrong name. No wonder people never know what I am talking about. Also, I agree with Raceman, why on earth are you reving it out with the enrichment control out. :thumbsup: