can someone tell me why-----

well ? -----this post aint goona answeritself nah yaheer

:ride: I heard dat! Unfortunately, I don't have an answer for you, but the new ignition & harness sounds like a reasonable cause to me. Sorry I couldn't help, but maybe now that you've had someone reply, the others will jump in.

Well, probably because its way too rich. While you were messing about in there swaping the harness etc. you probably cleaned the carb which opened the choke passage all the way and now because the choke is fully working and enriching enough or as much as it can, it is way too rich to rev...

Sound plausable? Because I just pulled that outa my arse ?

Well, probably because its way too rich. While you were messing about in there swaping the harness etc. you probably cleaned the carb which opened the choke passage all the way and now because the choke is fully working and enriching enough or as much as it can, it is way too rich to rev...

Sound plausable? Because I just pulled that outa my arse :ride:

your on the right track. with the choke circuit closed it's just to rich and the air flow is restricted also ?

Sorry I couldn't help, but maybe now that you've had someone reply, the others will jump in.

Wow! I was right about something!!! Everybody was just sitting around, waiting for someone to jump in and test the water...I ain't skeeerd!

Thoughout my manual, my enrichment control is labled as the "choke knob". And to think I have been calling it by the wrong name. No wonder people never know what I am talking about. Also, I agree with Raceman, why on earth are you reving it out with the enrichment control out. ?