Sign in to follow this  

hard shifting under load.....common?

I have a 06 DRZ-s, stock as is show room floor new, 2200mi.

The bike will not shift from 1st to 2nd under a heavy, mid-full throttle load at high rpm. Is this common? will a diffrent tranny fluid help this problem?

I can pop the bike up in 1st w/ a full throttle punch from about 10-18mph, but it will not shift into 2nd so I can keep my wheelie going.

Any thoughts/ideas?

ive got 1600mi on mine...and i havent had that proble at all.

maybe a lemon?

I noticed my shifting got alot smoother when I switched to full Synthetic :thumbsup:

don't shift under load - throttle off slightly.

I have the same problem. Slip the clutch in 2nd, wheelie , let off throtle a little and try to sneek it into third .Sometimes its hard. This is the first bike I've had this problem . I will say though that i'm getting used to it now . I guess i let off a little bit more now.Just starting to get up to 5th gear now. Hang in there it gets better. :thumbsup:

hm.....ok. I havent ridden a 4st in about 16 years.....I've been on 2st MX bikes and they shift under power, WFO all the time....this one doesnt......so i guess i'll work on letting up slightly then punching it back on, and i'll try to slightly slip the clutch during my upshifts. Thanks guys.