Sign in to follow this  

torn grips?

i just recently bought some new grips from pro grip. i only rode a couple of times with them and after only washing out a few times in some turns, the throttle side grip is ripping right at the end. is this normal for a grip to rip so easily? i emailed pro grip and told them how dissatisfied i am and told them id appreciate it if they could send me a new pair or something...haven't heard from them yet.

lmao you won't be hearing from them. New grips are like a magnet for dirt I swear...

They are made out of RUBBER! You expect them to stand up to a skidding 200lb motorcycle? What, do you live in an alternate reality or something?

I'd like to see the look on the faces at ProGrip when they get your email. Its probably printed and posted on their office wall. At least you gave them a good laugh.

Grips tear, don't replace them right away just because you have one little tear, wait until they are falling apart pretty bad.

They are made out of RUBBER! You expect them to stand up to a skidding 200lb motorcycle? What, do you live in an alternate reality or something?

I'd like to see the look on the faces at ProGrip when they get your email. Its probably printed and posted on their office wall. At least you gave them a good laugh.

now thats funny!

i dont expect them to stand up forever but at least last more than a couple of falls. would u like to give me money to buy new grips? i dont think so! i have to work an hour and a half to buy new grips now. i dont think this is funny...i find no humor in any of this. dont make fun of me becuase i had the balls to actually try and get my money back. if ur that stupid that u just throw ur money out the window then i can understand why u posted such a stupid reply. and i really dont care what pro grip does with my email. they can go ahead and put it on the news for all i care. im not ashamed that i complained about one of there products because im dissatisfied. i was looking for some useful advice, not dumb comments from a**holes like u.

i dont expect them to stand up forever but at least last more than a couple of falls. would u like to give me money to buy new grips? i dont think so! i have to work an hour and a half to buy new grips now. i dont think this is funny...i find no humor in any of this. dont make fun of me becuase i had the balls to actually try and get my money back. if ur that stupid that u just throw ur money out the window then i can understand why u posted such a stupid reply. and i really dont care what pro grip does with my email. they can go ahead and put it on the news for all i care. im not ashamed that i complained about one of there products because im dissatisfied. i was looking for some useful advice, not dumb comments from a**holes like u.

i hear you brother :thumbsup:

at least you tried to get some cash back, like you said. just try those end protectors and get new grips. :ride:

i know, working at or near minium wage its hard to have cash to blow, at least you pay for your own stuff, i like that :applause:

there is some humor in it, whether you like it or not. however im not makin fun of ya.

it does suck. but get used to it.

thats why instead of always ordering parts, i keep a small back up fund for just the occasion, cause i know i will be replacing grips at least once every 2 months.

what is 7 bucks every 2 months? NOTHING

especially in a hobby such as this. if you cant afford that, face the facts ans take up chess.

i know it sucks, i hate it, but its the truth. and the truth hurts the heart and the wallet sometimes.

Stop whinning and face the fact that 100% of the guys who posted here agree that you are wrong.

Stuff breaks. Specially if your bike falls on it.

I cant believe you are complaining on $7.00 rubbers. Besides they keep on working. It doesnt matter if they are ripped off they still work.

If you want your rips to last longer, it is all up to you:

DONT FALL!

my best advice is to get the bar ends, like posted earlier, and use a harder compound.

i require a super soft compound for my riding style. so i use half waffle super soft. best i have found would be the pro tapers. i love them, super duper soft.

but with all soft grips i use, this is what happens. see, even if i dont lay it down when the new grips are on, within a few 5 hour rides, they look like this.

these are like new. just got em a short while ago. they only have 1 ride on em.

grips2.jpg

i get flat spots on em as well. i will use these for tomorrow, and next weekend, then fork over the MASSIVE cost of 7 bucks (+honda discount) for some fresh ones.

there still in great condition though. :thumbsup:

Well, like I always say, a smart beats a dumbass any day. Don't want to break or wear out expendable parts? Then quit crashing. Or quit riding. :thumbsup:

my best advice is to get the bar ends, like posted earlier, and use a harder compound.

i require a super soft compound for my riding style. so i use half waffle super soft. best i have found would be the pro tapers. i love them, super duper soft.

but with all soft grips i use, this is what happens. see, even if i dont lay it down when the new grips are on, within a few 5 hour rides, they look like this.

these are like new. just got em a short while ago. they only have 1 ride on em.

grips2.jpg

i get flat spots on em as well. i will use these for tomorrow, and next weekend, then fork over the MASSIVE cost of 7 bucks (+honda discount) for some fresh ones.

there still in great condition though. :thumbsup:

Same thing happens to me, I use the Renthal softs, full diamond, but now I'm moving to the cheaper, and half waffle Scott MX2's in soft.

hmmm...havnt tried them. might try em out next time im in the shop. have to find the MX2's.

yea and dont fall when u hop the fence while crossing the border.

:thumbsup:

That`s a stupid thing to say.

Almost as stupid as expecting your grips to have an anticras warranty.

I dont need nor want to "hop the fence" as you put it.

But don`t worry i can send you $10 bucks by a money order so that you can get new grips.

i got a set of spyder grips i need to put on when my old ones wear... these renthal dual compound ones are holding great

The point others are trying to make is.. YOU are being unrealistic in your expectations. I also believe your attempt to have Pro Grip replace your grips due to you destroying them is completely inappropriate.

Take responsibility for your own actions.. try falling less, and when you do fall,,expect to bend bars (not the manufactures fault) twist the forks in the T clamps (not the manufactures fault), bust levers or bend hand guards (not the manufactures fault) , bend a radiator (not the manufactures fault) and , yup you guessed it,, Tear grips. .. All of the above is YOUR fault,, Toss a 200 pound bike to the ground,,,, thinks will break.. Thats just part of the game.

Replace them grips when they get too torn, and go ride. Gas, tires, grips, oil, and on some bikes piston,and valves are just consumable items.. If you can not understand that, perhaps Motorcycling is not for you :thumbsup:

I think you need a better job if it takes you 1.5 hours of work to make enough for a set of grips.

I think you need a better job if it takes you 1.5 hours of work to make enough for a set of grips.

LOL, what I was thinking. He is probably only 13 or something though, working for minimum wage.