Sign in to follow this  

Bike Decision Help!!!!!!

I have debated this for a while. i have a 02 YZ250F and i need a bigger bike. i came across a deal were a guy has an 01 KX250 and an 02 CR250. i race woods but still do some motocross for practice. What bike is better off for me to get. im leanin more twards the CR but i need some other opinions!! :thumbsup:

Ive heard the new CR bikes arent too special but i hear good things about the yamaha.

The way i see it is if you get a four stroke your gonna be doin a lot of wrennchin and if you get the two stroke your gonna be doin a lot more riding. I have a four stroke and ride it hard so the valves have always been an issue... so my suggestion if you dont have a lot of money for fixing is the yz line and if you want a 4 stroke go with crf450x/r, they are brilliant bikes.

The way i see it is if you get a four stroke your gonna be doin a lot of wrennchin and if you get the two stroke your gonna be doin a lot more riding. ...

there is absolutely not truth to this at all. Are you speaking from personal experience?

I think you will just have to concern yourself with adjusting valves, which is not a difficult thing to do at all. It takes about an hour or two at most, once a year. Other than than, you'll do very little different on two vs four strokes.

Personally, I would get the CR250. No good reason, just a preference.

I have had both and I like the Kawi better for trail riding. Very good low end power compared to the honda. The honda revs out further so it depends on your riding style which you would like better.

If I were you I would just get whichever one looks better. (not ridden as hard/not ridden as much)

I agree the kawi would probably be slightly better for the woods due to power delivery, plus I just get tired of seeing honda's everywhere.

Ive heard the new CR bikes arent too special but i hear good things about the yamaha.

The way i see it is if you get a four stroke your gonna be doin a lot of wrennchin and if you get the two stroke your gonna be doin a lot more riding. I have a four stroke and ride it hard so the valves have always been an issue... so my suggestion if you dont have a lot of money for fixing is the yz line and if you want a 4 stroke go with crf450x/r, they are brilliant bikes.

Actually its the other way around. You will be rebuilding a 2-stroke every 50-75 hours and a 4-stroke every 200+ hours. Adjusting valves takes about 5 minutes and is pretty easy.

Meanwhile, back on topic, Id say between the Honda or the Kawi you have to ask yourself what color you like better: red or lime green.

I have ridden both alot and can tell you the CR is the worst 2 stroke to get. The YZ is best followed by the KX. Find a clean 01 or newer YZ and by it.

thank you mmotohead

and mauricedorris i ride the bike pretty hard and i do everything possible to ensure that it last as long as it can, so by all the wrenching i mean the inbetween ride maintence, oils, filters, checking valves, and dont the valves get out of adjustment sooner that harder you ride?

I dont have any experiecne with two strokes but from what ive seen and heard all you really do is change the oil every once in a while and the air filter and your good to go.

correct me if im wrong? and someone said that a valve adjustment takes 5 minutes and thats just ridiculous to say.

I have a 01 YZ250 that's to much bike for me and have been looking for a four stroke. What do you want for your bike?

The KX will outpower the CR. Later model CR's were pretty underpowered compared to the KX's and YZ's.