Sign in to follow this  

how do i do this?

ive got some scratches in my fenders and i heard about something like wet sanding them but i dont know exactly how to do it. ive done a search on here and couldnt find my answer. a step-by-step guide would be great. thanks in advance.

there is a product kit called micro-mesh. (google it) its just sandpaper. each piece is finer then the one before it. we use it on aircraft to get scratches out of windows. when your done you can't even find the area that was polished. is it worth the effort on a dirt bike.. thats up to you but having done it, it is WWAAAAYYYY to much work for a scratch! :thumbsup::ride:

hope you get alot of beer before you start this project. especially if your bike is scratched up like mine. :applause:

i'll spend my free time in the woods thank you. :applause:

ive got some scratches in my fenders and i heard about something like wet sanding them but i dont know exactly how to do it. ive done a search on here and couldnt find my answer. a step-by-step guide would be great. thanks in advance.

Try an SOS pad from under the sink w/ a bucket of water, Keep the pad wet It will take the sm. scratches out cleans up pretty good the soap in the pad helps.It doesn't seem to dull the plastic :thumbsup:

you CAN sand it and get it looking brand new...same thing you do with cars

to get dirt out of fresh car paint, you wet sand it, which does leave it dull but thats why you buff it.

just wet sand it starting with about 180 grit, then go up in grit throughout 220, 320, 400, 500, 600, then you can go to 1000, 1200, and 1500. of course you dont have to use every one if you dont want, it just depends on what the plastic needs. after you have it done with 1500 by the time you are there it should be perfectly smooth. then you have to get some compound and either use a buffer or by hand rub it in really good, then you need some polish/finishing glaze/swirl mark remover to get the compound swirl marks out. after doing all of this, your plastic will be as shiny and new looking as ever before.