Sign in to follow this  

Looking 4 2 MX tracks in lower N.J.

Got a few buddies from Baltimore MD, we are going to take a weekend to do some motocross riding in New Jersy, probably will ride up early on a saturday morning , ride saturday, stay in a hotel sat night, then ride a diferent NJ track on sunday, can someone familiar with the tracks up in NJ help me plan this weekend out, never ridden up there, thinking about checking out NJORVP and one other track hopefully not too far from NJORVP, nothing is set in stone, need some inside tips to get this ball rolling. Thanks, BTMFLA

Do yourself a favor and don't bother riding in NJ :thumbsup:

The only track that was worth riding was Englishtown and they are on a limited practice schedule due to insurance problems. i belong to NJORVP but I would not recommend it to out of state riders. Its a nice place to take the kids, but is is far from challenging and the grooming is lousy. Thats really it in ALL OF NJ!!!! Its actually embarrassing!!!

I live in Northern NJ and I drive 2 hours to Blue Diamond in Delaware. Its right near the Del. memorial bridge, so its almost south Jersey. the Landing in MD is OK as well.

Good luck

I gotta agree, NJ sucks. From Baltimore you have a few choices. In southern Delaware you can practice at Seaford(Middleford Speedway), Northern Delaware has Blue Diamond and south of Baltimore you've got the Landing in Easton, MD. These are all about 1 hour from Baltimore. If you head west about 2 hours you can practice at Mountaineer or Tomahawk. I've ridden/raced at all of these tracks and sometimes they're nice :thumbsup: and other times???? :ride: Check out these websites for more info:

www.middlefordspeedway.net

www.bluediamondpark.com

www.thelandingmx.com

www.mountaineerraceway.com

www.tomahawkmx.com

Thanks for all your help, wow, didnt expect to get the same result from so many people, been to all the tracks you have mentioned several times, looks like we will make a trip up to Pennsylvania, been to Raush creek and tower city, got any other reccomendations up there?? Larry

Southern NJ, the only thing happening is atco THAT'S IT. You must have a AMA card also for practice.Practice is only on tues if they have a race that weekend and every fri. Supercross style is not my forte,but ATCO is not that technical,it is somewhat open and spacious for a SX track,could be more spacious,but you can still Hammer there. Future MX tracks that I hopefully open around here, should take note of Atco's excellent grooming habit's.Jumps are safe and takeoff's stay put pretty much :thumbsup:

I miss MT. Pleasant.:ride:

If you're thinking about going to Rausch Creek I would recommend Irish Valley instead. And if you're in a driving mood, check out Rocket Raceway. It's in the middle of Pa. but a very fun track with practice every weekend. I've said this before on TT, if you're looking to ride all weekend then ride Breezewood on Saturday and Rocket on Sunday. They are about 1 hour apart, and Rocket has free camping. Here are their websites:

www.irishvalleymx.com

www.rocketraceway.com

www.breezewoodprovinggrounds.com

Let is know how you make out.

Been to Rocket and its one of my favorite tracks, The Breezewood web site looks awesome, have you ever been to Wolfmanns, looking to get on 2 tracks in a weekend that we havent seen. Thanks, Larry

yea i mt pleasant was probably the best going ( overall ).. easy to get too.. good track conditions. and not overly crowded like E-town is. but.. all good things must come to an end.. but why so soon?! :thumbsup: rumors are NJORVP is closing by 08 and theres a bigger better facility going up??

rumors are NJORVP is closing by 08 and theres a bigger better facility going up??

Where?

monroe twnship in south jersey or in that vincitity, but i heard theyre having a hard time getting the lease. chats would be so bad as it is if they took care of the place and got some real dirt trucked in.

I forgot about Wolfmanns. I've raced there a few times. As a matter of fact I normally go there every Labor Day weekend. I would practice there on Saturday, go watch the National at Steel City on Sunday and then race Wolfmanns on Monday. Unfortunately I had ACL replacement surgery on July 25th so no riding yet. :applause: Anyway back to Wolfmanns, I like the layout. Very old school, long fast straights with enough doubles to keep the kids happy. My only complaint is the track does get dusty. You can see the track from the Pa. Turnpike, the track actually comes within about 50 feet of the TP. :applause: Let us know how you make out. :thumbsup:

Unfortunately if you are looking for tracks, skip NJ altogether. Maryland has better riding opportunities.