2007 yammi 450 first impression!

most mags are paid or in some way persuaded ill bet. me and my 05 is just fine. Most mags pick on things, they expect the bike to be built for them. in reality, the bike is built for not one person but allot. guaranty that a good rider will get on it and rip as with any bike. it is a production bike, not a full out race bike. just my thoughts. though i would like those new rotors and that aluminum chassis over my steel, but what are you going to do?

Looks like Dirtrider magazine has made there first impression of the 07 yammi 450! But it looks like they have some complaints about the engine. I hope that yamaha didn't ruin a good thing.

and does this surprise anyone? Anything to hurt prospective Yami sales :ride: ............DirtRider aka "Hondamag" is the worst mag out there........Jimmy Lewis please....go away..............bitching about turning on a 06 what a moron...funny the CRF450 has had front wheel push issues since day one...but they never mention it.... ?

and does this surprise anyone? Anything to hurt prospective Yami sales :ride: ............DirtRider aka "Hondamag" is the worst mag out there........Jimmy Lewis please....go away..............bitching about turning on a 06 what a moron...funny the CRF450 has had front wheel push issues since day one...but they never mention it.... ?

I find it funny that MXA(Yamacross) is the ONLY mag that did NOT mention the front end push of the Yamaha. It's a 2-way street.

I find it extremely entertaining that anyone believes they can "feel" the difference between a forged and a cast triple clamp ? What a hoot.

Their opinions on the engine are as important to me as my mother-in-law's on the same subject.

I find it funny that MXA(Yamacross) is the ONLY mag that did NOT mention the front end push of the Yamaha. It's a 2-way street.
MXA did mention it. They also mentioned that they, pretty much alone among the mags, took the time to find out that the owner could easily tune it out himself. Set the sag right, pull the forks up a mere 5mm, and switch the tire to one that matches the soil type, and the push turns into a firmly planted front end that a CRF can't match. Ask Baron von Beard, if you think not.

Instead of riding the bike just as delivered, MXA takes the time to see what the owner can accomplish by tweaking the usual things that owners tweak, and as a result, they end up with a much more accurate picture of the bike than the random collection of wannabe's that make up half of DR's test crews.

As for MXA's fabled pro-Yamaha bias, MXA has criticized the YZ450 since its introduction through the '05 model year for its handling shortcomings, and especially the '05 model. In fact they were very unflattering to the bike. MXA also appointed the CRF450 as the best 450 MX'er 3 years in a row, and had it tied with this year's YZ450 for the top honors this year. I'm having a lot of trouble finding a pro Yamaha bias in that. Maybe you can explain it to me so that it makes sense.

I agree with grayracer513. Every year dirtrider does tend to overly praise certain bikes. But i think there biggest problem is that they have a tendency to glorify a bike one year, and then when the nexts years model comes out they say the factory has fixed all the bikes shortcomings, even though they never mentioned the bikes shortcomings the year before about the previous model. Their tests are not really detailed and like grayracer513 said they do not try to adjust the bike and try to overcome any problems that the bike may have from stock. They ride motocross bikes out of the box without much prep other than setting the sag and playing with the suspension clickers, and in reality motocross bikes are meant to be played with and tuned to get the best set up.

"It is also reluctant to pull a tall gear when there is traction."

HUH??? I don't but that crap for one second. I have the 07 cams and cam timing in my 06 and IMHO the bike has a much better low to mid transition than the 06. I think these "test riders" were also testing out a new crack pipe.

EXXXACTLY Daffy. I have ridden a CRF...different years, I have ridden every year YZF made except the 98 400, I have ridden the RMZ but not the KXF. I love the 06 YZF...it felt the most stable and best suspended of any bike I have ridden. But then again....I am easily impressed. ?