Sign in to follow this  

KLX 110 Adj. needle settings????

I live in Illinois which is about 600' above sea level and i can not get my 110 to run worth a crap w/ the adjustable needle :thumbsup:

I have a PC Ti-4 Pipe, Two Bros cam, Two Bros Air Filter, Joker Choke Plug

they (two bros) told me the 2nd clip position, w/ a 85Main and a 40 pilot. But it hard to start, and loads up off the bottom end???? Also am 2 out on the Air Screw. Think i Need to get a 42 pilot? It runs decent w/ the stock needle but i'm just tryin to get a lil more power out of it. Any help would be great

Thanks

Eric

Speed Pro

Yeah I changed that... I'm thinkin I'm gonna have to order a 42 pilot jet

Is that w/ the stock needle? I was told I might need to lean out my pilot because of the tapper of the two bros needle...

some of my friends use the needle and there bikes run like crap. I am running the same set up as you at sea level without the needle and it runs great. I tried the needle and it would spit and sputter getting into the throttle. stock needle does it for me. 85 main 40 pilot.

Boy that was a good purchase then huh? :thumbsup:

Gonna try the 2nd clip position w/ a 38 pilot... If that don't work... I'm gonna just leave well enough alone....

Thanks for everyones imput :ride:

Eric

Speed Pro

Interested in finding out if you resolved your problem with the Two Brothers needle? We are facing a similar situation with our son's 110. We have similar mods except without the cam. We started out with a 40 pilot/85 main with the adjustable needle at its highest position (clip all the way to the bottom). We had to run it with the choke on to get it to even run smooth. Talked to Two Bros and they suggested 42 pilot/90 main/3rd position on the needle. It runs like CR-P!!!

Doggy out of the hole, sputters through 2nd, popping/banging when you let off.

Any suggestions? We are in Iowa so we are similar in elevation to Illinois.

Should we try putting the stock needle back in?

Here are the mods we did prior to the carb problem:

Yoshimura Pipe

Opened up the Air Box (hole to the frame & made an additional hole on the back side)

Yeah i took that adjustable needle and seet out and went back to stock needle and seet, w/ the 80main and 40 Pilot. Runs okay still just a tad rich... but i've been usein the air screw to fine tune it with the weather (2 1/2 turns out when humid and about 1 1/2 when its not so humid)

Hope that helps... I cant believe how crappy it runs w/ the Two Bros needle... i tried everything.... :thumbsup:

Put the stock needle in w/85 main and 40 pilot. It runs a lot better. I think the problem was the needle because I ran the same jet combo before with the adj. needle at varios settings and it ran like crap. THE TBR NEEDLE IS JUNK !!! :thumbsup: