Sign in to follow this  

WP 43mm forks

I'm going to change my buddies fork seals on his 2000 KTM WP forks. I was told that all I had to do was remove the fork cap and take off a jamb nut without messing with the bottom nut. However I don't see a jamb nut anywhere in the top. Pics below. Is that jamb nut I am supposed to talk off somewhere in the top assembly that I'm missing or is it the bottom nut shown at the axle holder assembly?

Thanks,

B

DSCN3260 (Medium).JPG

DSCN3261 (Medium).JPG

Just pull the spring down away from the cap. Then you will see the slots (in the black spring guide) where you can put a 22mm wrench to hold it.

doc

PS........Although you can replace the seals without removing the comp. valve and cartridge I would still recommend taking it all apart so you can clean the valving and inspect everything. The cartridge rod nut tends to come loose at times on these 43 WP's and damages the rebound delta shims.

good luck with it, I had to replace my fork seals every month practicaly with those wp forks. Do your self a favour and order some senergy seals, there the only thing to put in them to stop leeks!

The 02' models had the jam nut but the 00-01 locked against the spring guide.

They are all the same...