Sign in to follow this  

Bikes shuts off... Never done it before

So I got my bike a year ago... had a little engine bog, did the 3x3 and jet kit mod, went away. Yesterday i put on the MCCT and today took it out for a spin... now the bike is bogging.. ALOT... i blip the throttle and the thing shuts off...

Help... Anyone have a clue as to why? Could I have hit something or knocked something loose to cause this?

Any thoughts are appreciated...

The jetting is the recommended for sea level stage 2 jetting... it has worked without a hitch before and it took me to work last week with no problems and has been running perfect for the past 8 months with the jetting it has... I am 95% it's not a jetting issue... Is it possible to overtighten the MCCT and cause this... I will do the install again and see what happens...

Is this a DRZ400S?? If you took the gas tank off to install the mcct check that your vent tube was reconnected to the petcock. :thumbsup:

if it happened right after you put on the MCCT, it might be too tight. i noticed this happened to me the 1st time i adjusted my MCCT. i had to back it out and re-adjust it. all is well now.

Yeah... will try to back it out and reset... I think that may be it as I did not touch anything else... the tank stayed on and nothing fuel related was touched...

Gbalias, I will readjust and post up to let you all know if it worked...

Thank you all for your input...