Sign in to follow this  

dr650 supermoto wheels question

hi has anybody supermoto'd there dr650.

what size rims do i need when i use the original hubs to make both wheels 17 inch wheels and what size tyres can be fitted.

also can the rear rim be attached to the front hub?

cheers

Generally people put a 3.5 inch on the front and a 4.25 on the rear, running a 120 front and 150 on the back.

Locally there is a guy that just bought a DR650 and the shop he's 'tarding it through is going to move the stock 17 to the front and lace it to the front hub. So I'm guessing that the rear is a 3.5 rim. Of course you'll need to find out what spokes it needs. Or if you're lucky and the hubs share common spoke flange size and drillings then you can use the old rear spokes.

4.25 to 4.5 inch new rear rim will handle a 150 rear. My own tastes suggest that this is fine for anything the big ol' DR will do and it'll help sharpen up the handling feel.

hi has anybody supermoto'd there dr650.

what size rims do i need when i use the original hubs to make both wheels 17 inch wheels and what size tyres can be fitted.

also can the rear rim be attached to the front hub?

cheers

i just went threw this ,but i went with the 3.5 exel rim on the front and the 4.25 on the back, then i put 120 60 17 front 160 60 17 on the back with no issues at all, you can use the rear rim for the front hub but its only 2.5 wide you just have to use a smaller width tire, it will save you alittle money, and i doubt you even notice adiffrence in the handleing, i think the tire would have to be a 110 if you go the cheaper way, you can see the bike in my garage