Sign in to follow this  

Playing with the accessories

I just added the v force 3 along with the dep pipe. The silencer I am currently using is the SRC carbon model. This performs almost identically to a dep silencer or stock yz 250.

I have to give the v force another try. After all, its good enough for satch.

This might be a combination to work with. The bike pulls from really low rpm's. A very clean feel while accelerating. I notice none of the hit missing, so its a good start. The top end may feel better, but we'll see.

The neighborhood has one of those stationary radar units positioned in the neighborhood all weekend long. One of those "your speed is....""

Well, they positioned this thing right next to a dirt trail. This may end up being a great poor mans dyno. I am not sure thats what the police intended it for, but it works for me.

Cool, I'm running the same on Monday but with the DEP silencer. Swopped it with the Pc304 today and just fired it up. Sounds so much better and in the hand it feels a bit lighter than the pro circuit. I can see a PC works front pipe, 304 and shorty appearing on ebay pretty soon. I'm goona buy one of those DEP enduro silencers that look like rocket launchers for use when noise is a real issue. Think they are pretty similar to the FMF turbinecore 2 things.

Fitted Ohlins shock as well.sweeet. :thumbsup:

Do you happen to have a link for the dep pipes? They are not so popular here in the states. A person has to search like hell fo rthem.

Try www.deppipes.com or www.deppipesusa.com

I got all of mine of that particular auction site. I think it has become a bit of a fetish as I now have 10 silencers (only 5 for the 2005 YZ) and 5 front pipes.

I should be a tester really. Have also got Boyesen rad valve, V-force 2 and 3, stock and boyesen carbon dual stage reed set-ups. Not to mention the Hpi programmable ignition and Icat. Needless to say, Yamaha did a pretty fine Job to start with and not much yields massive improvements.

Interesting that no one seems to have tried the power blade insert. Personally I run one on my 01 and enjoy the bottom end lift it gives.

I put my favorite pipe and silencer on today. Both were made by DEP.

I then just concentrated on reed blocks. Stock vs. V Farce 3.

The v farce smoothed out the low end. It might have made a bit more top end. Maybe I did have to drop to a 45 pilot to ge tthe low end clean with the v force. There was also a small amount of pinging.

The stock reed assemble restored the low end performance. I was able to go to a 48 pilot on the stock system. No pinging. There may have been slightly less top end, but not enough to give up the low end performance.

I think this v force can finally go on ebay with no looking back.

where do you guys ride that you can make an analysis so quickly? The closest track worth a damn is over an hour away from me. And when I get there....I am not testing....I promise you that.....I AM RIDING!

Satch, I am lucky to have a track within 6 miles of the house. The palce was kind of run down in years past. Then the governor started ridign there. Oddly enough, it is now in decent shape most of the time. Today when we arrived the track was a virtual flood. There was nothing to ride but the outer "grand Prix" track that is 4 miles long.

I was there fore "forced" to test. It was the only thing that made the ride interesting. I was also able to follow the kids around some. This is a real test of the low speed manners of the bike. The grand prix track is fairly cool. It has all types of terrain. Hardpack, sand, and mud. There are also a few uphill sections.

you are lucky RC. I think bikes are like women though (hope mine doesnt see this). When you get one "dialed in" you consider yourself blessed and don't mess with it! :thumbsup:

Isnt that the truth. I keep notes on the "last good" set-up I found. This way its never too far away.

We also bought passes to the track that are good for the entire season. 70.00 for the year. This makes it possible to go out for an hour or two without feeling screwed.

Where at in Utah are you? I go snowboarding every year in Saltlake. My folks live in South Jordan. Also had grand parents that lived in Brigham.

Satch, I am lucky to have a track within 6 miles of the house. The palce was kind of run down in years past. Then the governor started ridign there. Oddly enough, it is now in decent shape most of the time. Today when we arrived the track was a virtual flood. There was nothing to ride but the outer "grand Prix" track that is 4 miles long.

I was there fore "forced" to test. It was the only thing that made the ride interesting. I was also able to follow the kids around some. This is a real test of the low speed manners of the bike. The grand prix track is fairly cool. It has all types of terrain. Hardpack, sand, and mud. There are also a few uphill sections.

Any pics of the track? So I can dream about having a good track within 6 miles of me. I have a track(OK, well a OHV park) within 15 minutes of me but it sucks really bad, I wouldn't consider the MX track even a track.

Where at in Utah are you? I go snowboarding every year in Saltlake. My folks live in South Jordan. Also had grand parents that lived in Brigham.

It sounds like I am very near where your parents are. I am in West Jordan. I will see if I can get some pictures next week. I have never bothered to take any before.

Just got in. The results of the DEP silencer Versus the PC304 are in. And the new Ebay item is gonna be the Procircuit. The DEP is quieter, pulls slightly harder and improves the over rev very slightly. I swapped them back just to check. Not a lot in it to be fair but bye bye procircuit. The 304 is not as bad as the shorty but both are more bling than go. The DEP is also lighter.

The next item on trial was the Ohlins shock, and what a fabulous bit of kit it is. The bike absorbs the kickers better and is more balanced, it just feels right. I love it more than ever now. Sweet times.......

The track will close around Halloween. They close down no matter what the snow is like. Year round riding here only happens some years. A person can usually figure on shutting the bike down from late November to April-May.

Oh, I am with the other poster suggesting the dep pipe is better than the Pro Circuit pipe. I agree completly.

Still, I cannot help but wonder about these mods. I think a lot of the good-bad ideas have to do with a persons riding style. I had a guy pass me on Sunday on a 06 yz 250. He was screaming the bike. I imagine it close to 10000 rpm's when he went by. This guy would probably love th ev force reed and pro circuit pipe.