Sign in to follow this  

corners

I wonder how to do a 180 corner right.. When I`m having much speed against the corner in 5 gear, when do I start gearing down.

Early before the corner or late before. Shall I use my clutch in the turn.

I often have my clutch in and roll intio the corner, isn`t that wrong.. how am I doing the clutch,brake,trottle.

What works for me is getting all of my braking and shifting done before I enter the turn. Then all I have to do is lean the bike over and roll on the throttle

You can use engine braking to help slow you down coming into a corner also... You dont want to pull in your clutch and roll in, never coast on a track. Either be braking or accelerating. Coasting is often the reason you slide out and lose the front end coming fast into a turn, unless you are just play riding. Just smoothly brake evenly with both brakes and shift down through each gear using the engine braking to help slow you down untill you are in the right gear for the corner your heading into.

downshift while braking with the clutch out to help you slow down faster. use a cone or rock or something on or near the track as a gauge for when to begin your braking and still be able to make the turn. the best way to get good at it is just do that one section over and over moving your braking point closer and closer to the turn until you can't make it. No clutch before or in the turn is best.