500 Report?

All right I took the year off now it's your guys time to make me pay with reports of amazing riding and nights out in Ouray. Do tell.......

Excellent as usual weather was prefect, rode with Team Texas, John Sherman of Moe's Bagels, Jordan and Chris Owl from Santa Cruz Jordan going to New Zealand to race in the ISDE (Very fast) and many more, Great people as usual, Bill Kamin my rookie was excepted into Team Texas, Bradly, Sam and Nix, knock me out with a rum bottle on a couple occasions great set of memories can't want till next year ? when the WHOLE crew will be there

I came across a bunch of the 500 riders on Friday as they went over Taylor Pass and down into Aspen and Snowmass.

Some seemed to have forgotten trail riding etiquette (i.e. When coming into a head-on situation you always break right).

A big hello to Tom Seymore whom I met at Taylor Lake (a fellow DRZ rider). ?

Some seemed to have forgotten trail riding etiquette (i.e. When coming into a head-on situation you always break right).

Not sure what your talking about ? But when I'm coming down a trail at speed I try just to avoid the other rider ( sometimes RIGHT is a 500 ft cliff)

It was my first 500. Absolutely a awesome time except one of the guys in our group was the one hit by the car on Tuesday.

Damage to him was a broken right arm and a broken left thumb. He had the arm operated on yesterday for plates/screws or pins/wire.

The organization and the way this event was run is top notch. Hat's off to Wally,Janet and all the Colorado 500 crew. ?

Excellent as usual weather was prefect, rode with Team Texas, John Sherman of Moe's Bagels, Jordan and Chris Owl from Santa Cruz Jordan going to New Zealand to race in the ISDE (Very fast) and many more, Great people as usual, Bill Kamin my rookie was excepted into Team Texas, Bradly, Sam and Nix, knock me out with a rum bottle on a couple occasions great set of memories can't want till next year ? when the WHOLE crew will be there

For those of you that rode with Team Texas I am looking for one of your riders. Please help. For the second year in a row this guy saved me and I didn't get his name. He was riding a CR250 2 stroke this year. Last year he was on a CRF250X. I would like to send him a big thank you for being a person that is always willing to help out. Just his name would be sufficient. Wally D. will give me his contact info.

Thanks

Tony

For those of you that rode with Team Texas I am looking for one of your riders. Please help. For the second year in a row this guy saved me and I didn't get his name. He was riding a CR250 2 stroke this year. Last year he was on a CRF250X. I would like to send him a big thank you for being a person that is always willing to help out. Just his name would be sufficient. Wally D. will give me his contact info.

Thanks

Tony

I think that guys name is Dave Smoljan, they tell me, he's a real stud ?

I can only HOPE to be so ROOKIE lucky and get in on the Team TX crew.

Did I mention that I am MOVING to TX? :applause:

Thank you. Dave saved me again this year. A great guy!

Just for the record, Dave got dis'd by not getting last year's Most Helpful. Another person at the scene who did nothing near Dave's effort actually won... he's still a stud tho..

Just for the record, Dave got dis'd by not getting last year's Most Helpful. Another person at the scene who did nothing near Dave's effort actually won... he's still a stud tho..

The awards for the Colorado 500 are nothing more than a popularity contest anyway. Dave, it is guys like you that make the 500 a special event. It was nothing more than helping a fellow rider get their bike started or take the time to ask me to ride with you guys after the jerk offs in my group took off. I am close to the Dallenbach's and your name as one of the good guys will remain on the 500 for a very long time.

Thank you. Last year you helped me shim the 250x junker in the parking lot of Ouray. Without your help I would not have made it back to Crested Butte.

See you next year. Hopefully no issues for 07.

But issues are how you get to meet guys like Dave and give you the good stories to tell the next year.

I have had my share of issues with the Red Junker over the last two years. It is time to support the guys that support the ride. Hopefully the Green Machines will be ready by Spring. That way if something should go wrong at least I will have some support. Aside from all of the other Honda riders dealing with the same issues.