Sign in to follow this  

No CD Player?!

My 99 tacoma has the stock type 3 radio with the tape deck and controls for a 6 disc cd changer, but it doesnt have the changer. Why would toyota pit in controls for a cd changer, and not put the changer in?

so that if you wanted the changer at time of purchase it would be easier to put in. and under your dash im sure there are plugs capped off for other accesories that you don't have also.

so that if you wanted the changer at time of purchase it would be easier to put in. and under your dash im sure there are plugs capped off for other accesories that you don't have also.

Exactly. Hey, at least you're ride has a CD player, my '97 Ranger don't, and I was to cheap to buy one awhile ago, so I bought the tape converter wire thing, YOU KNOW HOW WE ROLL, check it out: I know you notice the wood grain steering wheel...:ride: LOL, damn...

truck49eg.jpg

We are HOOD RICH out in Detroit,

truck10gg.jpg

Oh, and it just hit 200,000 miles today, I gave her a oil change the other day actually too... :thumbsup:

It's cheaper and easuer in the manufacturing process to have one radio instead of 2 different ones warehoused, stocked, and lying on the line, not to mention that errors that may occur in misreading the build spec sheet.

Yota isn't the only one to do things like this, many do, it keeps manufacturing costs down. My semi is prewired for spotlights and rotating beacons even though I did not order it this way, it is part of another accessory wiring harness that I did order.

Barch88- HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! You are a Gangster my friend a true gangsta. BTW 200,000 miles is quite an accomplishment, its good to see that on any truck.

Barch88- HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! You are a Gangster my friend a true gangsta. BTW 200,000 miles is quite an accomplishment, its good to see that on any truck.

Well, it actually was done as a joke, I didn't pay for it, well, it was a long story about the whole entire "hood rich" thing, but in short, my friend said he would pay me $100 dollars, and he would pay for the lettering if I kept it on for a month. I said, what the hell, why not. It started to come off after a little while, but I got my $100 bucks so I was happy. He thought I was going to get shot or something (this was back in Detroit). Well, 200,000, isn't a crazy amount, I know, but I was just saying, it hit the 200,000 mark, wasn't sure if you were joking about it, or were serious about you're remark?

No thats cool to see your truck hit that mileage. I am also making the decision to get a compact truck. And about the Hood Rich i was just kidding but a $100 is a $100.