Sign in to follow this  

Nikasil cylinder repair?

I broke a ring today in my 98CR250 and messed up the cylinder pretty bad, does anybody know where I can have this mess repaired in Canada, preferrably in Ontario, and the appro. cost? It will have to be bored, recoated, and honed to size. What other options do I have. This is very nicely (expensive) ported B cylinder from TROY RACING and I would like to keep it.

ontario huh screw the states use a place called mongoose machiening and your in luck i think they have a location in ontario look them up on google. they do a geart job and cost about 305 to strip the cylander and nikasil it i had the same problem a few weeks ago mine started chipping away on my new bike i bought it rode it a few times and went to replace the top end cause i wasnt sure how many hrs were on it and the nickisil was chipped from top to mid way my guess from bad air cleaner mainetence. cahnce u take when u buy used bikes anyways good luck with this

No, it's not screw the states, it's screw Canada! I dont have aproblem sending it to the US to get fixed at all, but I do have a problem with my cyl. being held up for weeks at customs, waiting to be un-faily taxed by some non-canadian. I will however look into your advice. Thank-you.

ontario huh screw the states use a place called mongoose machiening and your in luck i think they have a location in ontario look them up on google. they do a geart job and cost about 305 to strip the cylander and nikasil it i had the same problem a few weeks ago mine started chipping away on my new bike i bought it rode it a few times and went to replace the top end cause i wasnt sure how many hrs were on it and the nickisil was chipped from top to mid way my guess from bad air cleaner mainetence. cahnce u take when u buy used bikes anyways good luck with this

Screw the States? Maybe you should come here and learn how to spell? :thumbsup: