Sign in to follow this  

plug fouled? or am i carb retarded?

well there it is. I put a full yosh,3x3, and stage two jet on my 06 drz sm... it ran really well for a week or two, then i started having problems. sputtering and losing power and such, and some popping. all i know about air/fuel is that it pops when its lean and turns the pipe blue. and it turns the pipe gold and fouls the plug if its too rich, right? so i was assuming it was running lean, so i started messin with the fuel screw and all that crap. now i thought i had it but it still runs a little funky unless im just on the throttle . so even id=f i run it + rich, or + lean, no matter which way i go it still sputters a bit... so does all this mean its passed a jetting concern and its now a spark issue? this is embarrasing, but ive never taken a spark plug out, and i dont want to unless im pretty sure thats the prob...... help!!!!!

south african water squirrell

any one... i also posted in the jetting forum. bah...im going for a shaky ride.

You can't tell rich or lean from colors on the pipe or poping in the exhaust. Forget that. You are going to have to post where your jetting is to get any answers. Start with a new plug. Could be as simple as water in the gas or a piece of dirt in a jet. DynoJet SM kit? Main jet size? Pilot jet size? Needle clip position? DynoJet spring? What brand fuel screw? Fuel screw setting?