Sign in to follow this  

Is it just me or is it hard to find things in the TT store

Is it just me or is it hard to find things on the TT shopping site. I went in looking to spend some money in the TT store but it is so hard to find the things I'm looking for. Even using the search button I couldn't find things. To our great people at the TT store you need to make it easier for people to shop if you want our business.

yeah, i HATE how it shows the catalog pages, where not only is it horrid quaility, and super duper small, but you then have to copy that part # to find it. and you cant actually copy and paste, you ahve to memorize, or type it on another page, the cop that and paste it in the search.

u can just read the number off the page as you type...you dont have to memorize it...but i agree with everything you said about the quality and the pages.

Not only are thing hard to find this way, but they do nothing for the search engines. If they paid someone to build the site they need to fire them now, because they have no idea how search engines work.

I was looking to order a BBR 120 big bore kit. All I got was this page for 50's and 70's it does me know good. http://shop.thumpertalk.com/catalogs/Tucker_Rocky_Offroad_2006/default.asp?p=244

Not only are thing hard to find this way, but they do nothing for the search engines. If they paid someone to build the site they need to fire them now, because they have no idea how search engines work.

I was looking to order a BBR 120 big bore kit. All I got was this page for 50's and 70's it does me know good. http://shop.thumpertalk.com/catalogs/Tucker_Rocky_Offroad_2006/default.asp?p=244

:thumbsup: I was going to buy a neck roll, and gave up! :ride:

i've tried shopping at the TT store too and found it kinda a pain to find stuff. It seems a little easier if you select the catolog you want to shop from (ex: off-road, street, etc) then select "browse by product category" up top... still a pain but ive found just about everything ive been looking for this way.

hit the gas and kick some ass!!!

Y'all must suck at computers because I've never had a problem finding stuff. Quit complaining, maybe its operator error.

:thumbsup: I was going to buy a neck roll, and gave up! :ride:

Ummm... lets see. From the Store homepage

"off road" ... on the left

"browse by product category"

"protective gear"

Scoll down a bit ........ "NECK ROLLS" ...... there are 5 different kinds listed

We know it's not the traditional way of doing things.

If you think of it like you're flipping through a paper catalog that was right on the desk in front of you it makes it much eaiser to use.

To find the BBR Kit I did this.

http://shop.thumpertalk.com

Click > Pit Bike (on the left menu)

Click > BBR Big Bore Kit (this opens the catalog to the first page of BBR big bore kits

Click > "Next Page" (this flips to the next catalog page)

Scroll to bottom of the page and you end up here:

http://shop.thumpertalk.com/catalogs/Tucker_Rocky_Offroad_2006/default.asp?p=245&s=2

If the text on the page is too small to read, click the "Zoom in" or "Zoom Out" buttons found at the top of the page.

Now, just type the part number of the kit you want in the box at the top right of the screen and click the "Get Price!" button. This will show you TT's low price for the item and allow you to purchase it should you choose to.

This may be different than your typical ecommerce web site. But there is not one other company in the business that lists 300,000 aftermarket parts all online. We do!

Of course it would be nice if you could just click on the make and model of your bike, and have the system bring up a list of only parts that fit your bike. But remember, someone has to enter all that data into the system.

That is why other companies ONLY list the popular parts for the most popular bikes. Instead of listing just the popular items like other companies, we've chosen to list full catalogs of just about every part online.

Does it take some getting used to at first? Absolutely.

But the benefit is well worth the few minutes to learn how the system works.

Is it just me or is it hard to find things on the TT shopping site. I went in looking to spend some money in the TT store but it is so hard to find the things I'm looking for. Even using the search button I couldn't find things. To our great people at the TT store you need to make it easier for people to shop if you want our business.

I don't have a problem now I think it's great, @ first I did but like any site you have to get aquainted w/ the site. :thumbsup:

The few times I have ordered I just call them and tell them what i want. Obviously this doesn't work if they are closed (after hours, etc) but there have been one or two things I didn't find right off the bat so I called instead. They found it and I ordered it over the phone.

Ummm... lets see. From the Store homepage

"off road" ... on the left

"browse by product category"

"protective gear"

Scoll down a bit ........ "NECK ROLLS" ...... there are 5 different kinds listed

Thank you and I'll spend a little more effort next time.

What I did...was looking at something, and did a quick jump menu to protective.

This is what popped up... So I thought that was all the protective gear you had.

http://shop.thumpertalk.com/catalogs/Tucker_Rocky_Offroad_2006/default.asp?p2=129&s=2&p=129

Now that I know you have copied your catalog, and have not made links on the copied pages. I see I can type the page # at top too.

jason230 Y'all must suck at computers because I've never had a problem finding stuff. Quit complaining, maybe its operator error.

:applause::applause::applause::applause: Whatever.... :thumbsup: I was probably programming computers while you were kickin the socks outta your cradle. :applause::applause::applause:

EDIT....You're brothers and sisters were spots on a washcloth, you weren't even born then. LMAO :ride:

you can also get the part number from a more "user friendly" site. copy and paste it into the box in the top right and hit the get price button. i have had no problems with using the store, and it is hard to find any part cheaper anywhere else.

:ride::applause::applause::applause: Whatever.... :thumbsup: I was probably programming computers while you were kickin the socks outta your cradle. :applause::applause::applause:

Yeah, whatever, don't be mad just because us 'kids' these days are learing computers faster then you old farts... :applause::applause:

I think looking for parts on the TT store is extrealy easy. Search by brand name or catagory is awesome!

About the only thing I would like to see would be a seperate window to input the part numbers and add to the cart. But then again that is only me.

You need to have just a tiny bit more patience the first time going to the store. However, if you go to motosport.com they make you input your bike type and that takes longer then drilling down into TT's selection.

I've tried the TT store, I go there for jets and things like that.

Finding parts is MUCH easier with systems like RockyMountain or Motosport Outlet use. I would shop at TT much more if they made their store look similar to the two I listed above.

Edit: Just a little tip. When searching the catalog in the TT store, control + F is your friend.

The TT store freezes up / locks up my computer when I visit it. Sometimes it's so bad I have to unplug my computer from the 120 volt wall outlet, just to back out of it. I'd probably buy from TT in appreciation for this forum, but can't.

TT is not the only place my computer locks up, so I'm sure the fault is my 15 year old computer.

It's gotta be convenient and easy to use or you're gonna miss sales. I'd shop it all the time, if it weren't so cumbersome. Many of us spend 3-5 K a year on bike stuff, that could add up to a fair chunk of change.