Sign in to follow this  

noise level?

we just installed a pro circuit platnium 2 and r304 silencer,and i was wondering if anyone knows what the decibal rating is?

cheers Alistair

(p.s i dad and i both have 06 200's)

I don't know what the specific decible level will be on a 200, but if I had to guess, around 98-100 db probably wouldn't be far off. It will certainly be much louder than stock. I have to wonder, why would you put a non-spark-arrestor shorty silencer on a KDX? That silencer will destroy the wonderful stealthy-quietness that is one of the KDXs best traits, and it's not off road legal, either.

Off-road legal?? Just what are the New Zealand laws on that? :-) Just messin' with you. :-)
Laws or not, responsible riders use spark arrestors when riding off road.

ok i belive there are two diffrent r304 models,shorty and factory sound?(i may be wrong),

when we bought the bike for a extra 500 we got the pipe and silencer.we also carry fire extinguishers.were we ride any bike can be ridden.

if its to dry the forest owners cancel the ride no matter what .

ok i belive there are two diffrent r304 models,shorty and factory sound?(i may be wrong),

when we bought the bike for a extra 500 we got the pipe and silencer.we also carry fire extinguishers.were we ride any bike can be ridden.

if its to dry the forest owners cancel the ride no matter what .

I really don't think a fire extinguisher is going to matter. You could blow out a spark and be long gone before any fire is noticeable.