Sign in to follow this  

06 TTR125LE Jetting stumble

06 TTR125LE. I had a 105 main and a 15 pilot. I went to a 110 with a 17.5 pilot. Stock needle in stock position. I removed the snorkle and screen, added a end cap to the stock exhaust. The fuel screw was only out 1/2 a turn stock so I have tried it from 0-3 1/2 turns and it still stumbles off idle. If I twist the throttle slow its fine, when I goose it, it bogs. What did I do wrong? :thumbsup:

Okay I cleaned the carb real good, added a couple holes to the airbox, still does the same thing. Is the 110 main to large or should I switch to a 107.5? how about the pilot, 15, 17.5 or 20? I live in bakersfield, CA. I think its like at 400 feet. :thumbsup:

it just bogs real bad off idle & sometimes dies. While riding it does okay, surges some at higher rpm's. I tried the 107.5 main with a 15 & 17.5 and it acted the same. I'm really confused. Do I need to go to a 115 main?

Yes the idle does react to the fuel screw.

Okay, I'll pick up a 115 main and install it with the 17.5 pilot and let you know how it goes on Monday. Thanks for your help. :thumbsup:

Okay, I'm still a little confused. on one of my 125's I installed the 115 & 17.5, On the other 125 I installed a 107.5 & 15. Both have the snorkles removed and 2-1" holes in the air box, and have the endcaps removed. I have them both running pretty good now. with the exception of when climbing hills. Every time my daughters would go up a hill it would stall & die. This wasnt happening with the stock jets. They do pull alot harder through all the gears. So I guess I'll install pipes on both of them and get back in a week or so with the results. Any suggestions in the mean time would be appreciated. Thanks.

If the carb is like the '01 we had it has a coast enrichener. Until we blocked that off we could not get consistent jetting. Chased our tails more than I want to admit. Got it figured out about the time Brent was moving up to a bigger bike. I don't remeber how we did it but by tracing passages and figuring out how everything worked it did not require any jetting changes.

I got my exhaust systems today and installed them on both bikes. FMF powercore 4. Tomorrow I will install the 110 main and see what that does for them. I'll post back. Thanks

Hello Dirt Knapper,

My guess would be that you didn't do anything wrong. I think the issue is the fact that it is a 2006 TTR125LE. I have had more than my fair share of the same type of issues with my bike of the same year and my bike is stock. I have even had it to the dealership and its still not rideable. I have also read about others having similar issues too.

Check out this post to give you an idea of what we have been dealing with.

TTR 125 LE running badly

PM me if you want and we can compare issues :thumbsup:

Keep us posted.

Just thought I would let you all know how everything went. Well I put the FMF Powercore 4 full exhaust system on both bikes removed the snorkels and cut to 1" holes in the air boxes. I installed the 107.5 mains with a 115 pilot. 2 turns out on the fuel screw. These bikes are now running perfect. My daughters love them. Thanks for all the help Burned. :thumbsup: