Sign in to follow this  

Pilgrim Powersports in Mass

Anybody deal with them before? They have a real nice 2004 400 EXC that I'm thinking of buying. While the price isn't too bad, they are not willing to come off any more, at least not yet. I'm in no hurry, and if this one sells then so be it, but I'm kinda surprised that they won't budge. One thing that bothers me is no test rides, and the bike is a bit tall for me (I'm on my toes when level). I asked if I could have a 24 hour refund period, or even a couple of hours. The best they say they can do is buy it back from me at TRADE-IN value. Kind of a crock if you ask me. Oh, and one of their guys will cruise it around the parking lot so I can hear and see it run. :thumbsup:

Oh, and does anyone here happen to be the former owner??

thanks,

Wes

It would be nice if the dealers could offer test rides, try looking at it from the dealers point of view, he is probubly just trying to re-coup what he gave someone on tradein and if you bring it back dirty & damaged he is going to loose money on the deal

Yeah, I understand where they are coming from, there is liability and all that. However, if I go out, ride it for an hour without damaging the bike, and decide that it's not the one for me, it could be one helluva expensive test ride.

FL - I got them down to $4299, which is a pretty good deal. Blue book is around $4600 or so.However, that's $299 above what the wife will allow me to spend. I have a few hundred cash that she doesn't know about, but I also need a helmet since I haven't ridden in 15 years. Then I have to spend a little more on the Baja Designs kit to DS it (Just for connecting to trails, not much street riding at all).

I found a 2002 model with about 100 miles on it, and they are asking $3600 OBO, so I plan on taking a look at that one.

I'd go with the 2003 for $1,000 less.... and if it really only has 100 miles on it, that is awesome! You can then take the rest and dual sport it. Just make sure you can easliy do that in Mass. The title should allow it since it shouldn't say offroad use only.