Sign in to follow this  

Can tracks require this??

I was at a track here and on my gas-up stop a guy came up to me and told me I have to have a long sleave jersey or shirt to ride there. I was in my MSR Axxis with cut off sleeves. One of my friends got kicked out because he didnt have jersey or goggles on.

So can tracks require you to wear all your gear and extras?? (knee pads, elbow pads, etc.)

Yep. Why you would ride without it in the first place is beyond me.

If it's a private track, they can lay any requirements on you they feel like.

Their track, they can make you wear whatever they see fit for safety.

And if you give them a hard time, they have every right to ask you not to come back.

Why are you even questioning them?

99.9% likely that this track is on private, not public, land. A Private property owner can make you paint your bike Barney purple if you want to ride their track. Not likely, bit possible.

Long Sleeve jerseys are AMA rule, and they may be following the AMA race rules to a T for thier liability insurance underwriters.

99.9% likely that this track is on private, not public, land. A Private property owner can make you paint your bike Barney purple if you want to ride their track. Not likely, bit possible.

Long Sleeve jerseys are AMA rule, and they may be following the AMA race rules to a T for thier liability insurance underwriters.

ama rulke huh? then why did i see alessi, milsaps, and rc with thier jersys sleves hiked up thier arms

ama rulke huh? then why did i see alessi, milsaps, and rc with thier jersys sleves hiked up thier arms

They can wear whatever they want for photo shoots.

yea its something with insurance and stuff. you have to have a dot or snell approved helment ,shatterproof goggles, long sleeves, long pants, boots and gloves. the rest is optional like chest protector/roost protector, knee braces/ pads and elbow pads

the jerseys are long sleeved, pushed up but still long sleeve.

Yeah, what he said.

Brian Deegan almost got DQ'ed before practice a few years back at the opening of SX at Aneheim for not having a longsleeve jersey. All he had was his Metal Mulisha stuff, luckily someone gave him a jersey.

Here's the ruling- http://www.amaproracing.com/prorace/pdf/mx%2006%20Rulebook.pdf Chapter 2, part S, paragraph6a on page 17.

It doesn't say in the heat of the race that the sleeves may not climb up the arms, it says that all jerseys must be long sleeved and made of durable material.

i think the rule is that your sleeves have to be past your elbows...not fully down explaining the RC and millsaps thing...i know last time i raced during practice they actually flagged me down on the track and maid me pull my sleeves down before i could go again