Sign in to follow this  

RPM 276 CC kit with head work & cam

Hi,

Has anyone run one of the 276 RPM kits or a Athena kit (or??) with a ported head and a cam? I have one of the kits but I've yet to put it on. My head was ported and it has a cam. It's also got a JE 13.5:1 piston in it. I'm wondering what the RPM kit will do to it from here... so to speak.

Txs,

PT

If you go Big Bore, I wouldnt go bigger than that I have a 450 to 470 with head work and cam it works great.

I have the RPM 276 and love it.I don't have any head or cam work but then I want some top end.With the 276 you get low and mid and a little more top. But I guess if you put in a hot cam which I had one before the big bore you would get I think too much low to mid.Ever since riding the 250 I have got much faster and need more top end but I like the low to mid if I need it.I have an 04.

I have the RPM 276 and love it.I don't have any head or cam work but then I want some top end.With the 276 you get low and mid and a little more top. But I guess if you put in a hot cam which I had one before the big bore you would get I think too much low to mid.Ever since riding the 250 I have got much faster and need more top end but I like the low to mid if I need it.I have an 04.

Do u have to put a new piston in more often ?

OR does it have the same reliability?

I am in the process of putting a new piston today.The old one was in for over a year.And I do alot of riding.I am putting in what came with the kit,Weisco.Actually better reliability because it holds more water and the skirts are stronger.