Sign in to follow this  

evart ride report

Well it turned out with one of our best rides ever,we were able to manage to have 9 riders in all...this was a first for us,there has always been conflicting schedules between us,but this time the stars lined up for us all!!

7 of us camped at mud lake on the Friday,heavy downpour that night,as with the following morning.We were on the trail by 10 a.m. without a trace of rain,trail condition was challenging (rocks,roots whoops,and more rocks),but traction was near perfect!!!

There was 2 -yz250fs,2- kx 250,2 -cr250fs,1- 220 kdx,1-300 gas gas,and 1- 250 tc husky fitted with the auto clutch.

For me personally it was one of my best rides of the year,just rode mistake free and on the gas to post a time of 1hr.25 min.,trying my best to beat my personal best of a 1hr 20.There just a feeling of gratifacation when you put one of these rides in...it just feels good :applause:

My buddy on 1 of the yamahas stuck with me half of the way,but when a guy came by us on a Katoom 450f,I decided to give chase and see if I could hang with him.I got by him on a uphill and slowly started to pull away,as I turned it down a notch I started to see ORANGE again!!. So I got back on the GAs and finished a mere minute ahead of him,after my ride I congratulated him on a great ride...this guy was in his 50's and could really crank for his age,I'm just amazed at these over fifty guy's :thumbsup:

In all everyone in our group exchanged the joys of some terrific trail riding,something we would all like to do a little more of!!! :ride:

Sounds like you guys had a good ride. Wish I could have made it. I have a place thats only about 20 miles from there. An hour twenty five is laying down some tracks. :thumbsup: I could have put you up for the evening and saved you a night in the rain. I had to attend a golf outing for my sons high school hockey team . It turned out well though. Second place,2 skins, won two liquor baskets on three raffle tickets and my boy took long drive and closest to pin. And I got mildly toasted on barley and hopps. :ride: If I can't ride I may as well drink. :applause:

And I got mildly toasted on barley and hopps. :thumbsup: If I can't ride I may as well drink. :ride:

Didn't you do that like 2 weekends ago also??? :applause:

Didn't you do that like 2 weekends ago also??? :applause:

Addiction is a Biotch. :ride: I"ve got three bottles of The Captian and a Stoly for Weber. :thumbsup:

hey if you guys wouldnt mind let me know the next time you ride evart...i live in big rapids and would love to go riding with some people...

Hey it looks like things went pretty well for you at the golf tourney!

Thanks for the thought of puttings us up (sndmn2) and out of the rain,but in all it turned out pretty good.If you have the time maybe we could meet at the trailhead on the 9th of Sept. a.m..,I typically like to leave Windsor Fri. afternoon and camp,that way I still can get a nice breakfeast in and feel refreshed for the early ride Sat :thumbsup: