Sign in to follow this  

Need help ASAP

Today I was out riding around for a few hours on my YZ 125 2000. Then as I was wide open throttle in i believe 3rd gear my bike just bogged down. I then took my friends bike to my house to replace the spark plug but that did nothing at all. I know I am getting spark and I can smell gas when trying to kick start it. But it wont turn over.It is just a muffled bogged down sound when kick starting it.

I also Cleaned out my air filter so i know its not that.

Does anybody have any suggustions? Could it possibly be hydro-locked since i did go through a few puddles also.

please help me out here. I have no idea what to do. thanks

Ryan

If you have compression I would check the rubber intake boot to make sure its not leaking. Also you may check your reeds to make sure you did not crack or break one.

Yeah, I would check the intake boot and the reeds, and maybe pull the carb and clean it. If it was hydro-locked you would not be able to kick it over at all.

good luck.

I have took the whole air filter off and cleaned it. It does have compression. I also tried kicking it over when the boot was totally off of it to just incase it was clauged somewhere. and still nothing.

good to know its not hydrolocked tho. that makes me feel better. Ill try this stuff out tomorrow. Thanks a lot

you might have to take a look at your crank to see if your rod is seized... my bike would still kick but couldnt get it to start, the rod was seized to the bearings allowing no forward to back play

it wont turn over.

Ryan

Stop trying to kick it over if it is seized and pull the head off to see why. Sounds like a piece of the ring or piston broke off and is stuck on the exhaust bridge!

:thumbsup:

I have took the carb out and totally cleaned it out.and i got and regaped a new spark plug so its def. not that either. but now my new question is. Does anybody know the compression of what the 2000 yz 125 is supposed to be? I am going to borrow a compression tester for the weekend and see if thats the problem. I am thinking so since I can litteraly push down the kick start w/ my hand. So maybe if thats the case I think i just may need to redo my top end and it will be good as new i think. no?

thanks for all the ideas and comments so far. they are helping greatly.

Stop trying to kick it over if it is seized and pull the head off to see why. Sounds like a piece of the ring or piston broke off and is stuck on the exhaust bridge!

:thumbsup:

i think by "turn over" he means start running

OK 125s dont realy have aLOT of compression, now when you say you can push it down with your hand, does it go thru steps? like it goes down real quick for a sec. then kinda gets harder to push then easy again? or can you just take and push evenly the whole way down? if you can just evenly push it your top end is gone, but if its the first one i described then its something other than your top end, but i would take off the jug just to be positive you didn't score the cylinder

oh yeah, when you are pushing down on the kicker, make sure you have the spark plug in and tight, or you will think you blew your top end becasue there will feel like theres no compression

i can push down fluently. I havent been able to take it apart due to being busy with school and work but now that i have a few days off i will be able to. Does anybody have any links on a how to of taking apart the top end? Cuz i am pretty sure that is deff. the case.

thanks a lot in advance

MY best advice would be, take it to a mechanic and get him to tell you whats wrong if you want to get riding asap.

Don't take it to a dealership or you will get screwed, hopefully you got a friend of a friend who's a mechanic who wouldnt mind looking at it for a few bucks or maybe a case of beer?