Sign in to follow this  

kdx

I am thinking about getting a used kdx. I was wondering if there are any problems i might run into with bike maintenance or riding the bike i am 5'6 and 120 lbs. i was also wondering what year i should get. will the 220 be any better than the 200?

thanks for your help

220's are known for piston skirt breaking.

The 200's will rev higher, whereas the 220's dont. I was making the same decision...except i was buying new...I went with the 200.

Both bikes need to be woken up with pipes (I am this winter). Jetting is rich from factory...if you buy used you have a chance they re jetted it already...but you never know.

Maintenance is basic for 2-strokes...clean air filter, change oil, make sure its jetted fine, lube chain, coolant change every so often, so on and so forth.

Im same height as you pretty much....I can touch on my tip toes without leaning it.

Keep it clean, lubed, and oiled it should last you a long time before a new top end (even then...not to much money...youll be glad your on a 2-stroke).

They have a good kick, TONS of bottom end, good top end still, and that front tire does not like touching the ground haha.