Sign in to follow this  

2000RM250-good bikes?

I'm going to check out 2 of them next week!!!!! Anything in particular I should watch out for on these bikes? I have several pics of both bikes, and they look flawless.........Both bikes are marked at $2000 but I think the prices are negotiable.

I just picked up a 99 rm250 for 1500 including about 600 in riding gear. I don't have any tips on what to look out for but I thought I'd give you some perspective on pricing. I'm out in Colorado.

I'm going to check out 2 of them next week!!!!! Anything in particular I should watch out for on these bikes? I have several pics of both bikes, and they look flawless.........Both bikes are marked at $2000 but I think the prices are negotiable.

I noticed your reference to two RM250s, saw your location, and realized that you may be referring to the two RMs available at Racer's Edge (I was on their webpage just yesterday).

Both bikes may be just fine, but look hard and ask lot's of questions. I would expect some wear on the frame sides so it wouldn't hurt to be suspicious of newly painted frames. It may be that they get bikes in as close to 100% condition as possible and they take great pride in their work, but they should be able to back that up. If their response is not satisfactory about the visual stuff, you should be even more suspicious of what you can't see!!

Holler back and let us know how it goes. I've been watching their webpage and I'm interested in their reputation (and if they'll negotiate with the prices).

Where at in KY do you live?

2k? i got a 2004 rm250 for 2k. has fmf fatty pipe and fmf silencer.renthal fatbars.renthal chain and sprockets. it also had a recent topend when i bought it. seems like smokers are cheap here in the northeast.

The more I think about it, the less interested I am. The place that has them, also sells alot of salvage titled cars. I'll go ahead and drive up there just to have a look at inventory I suppose....... Thanks for the replies....Yamajeb, I'm in Florence Ky. Where you at?????

The more I think about it, the less interested I am. The place that has them, also sells alot of salvage titled cars. I'll go ahead and drive up there just to have a look at inventory I suppose....... Thanks for the replies....Yamajeb, I'm in Florence Ky. Where you at?????

Smart move, go look but let them be very convincing that they are trustworthy. It certainly is conceivable that they are an honest outfit. I see that they do a lot of engine/repair work, maybe they take used bikes and put a lot of elbow grease in 'em for a "near-new" product. Could be the other way around though. Holler back after your visit, it would be great to hear what you think.

I'm just south of you in Oldham County - my wife's cousins live in the Florence area. Where do you ride at? MX, trails, both? Who knows, you might've ran over me before (I ride a TTR these days, might switch back to a 2-stroke soon)